Is this a Team Marin?

juice":3913lx6h said:
We don't need to guess. We have the mighty Archive! :)
That one is in the 1991 catalogue as alternative colour choice for the Team Marin. It is called Neon Yellow, Neon Pink, Neon Blue Fade.
Standart colour in that catalogue was Matte Black with Neon Citron lugs.

How close is this to you? Looks like seller is local collection only. Please see my pther post on collection help. If this is close to you could you help.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark,

unfortunately this bike is about 400km away from me. So no chance on collection.
But you have superbe taste. If that one was near me i would buy it, too. ;)

Greetings from Munich,

Adam

juice":v1xgjrjm said:
Hi Mark,

unfortunately this bike is about 400km away from me. So no chance on collection.
But you have superbe taste. If that one was near me i would buy it, too. ;)

Greetings from Munich,

Adam

Many thanks for letting me know Adam.I would love to add this to my collection but the buyer doesn't seem keen to work something out to get it to the UK.

I have even looked at flights today with the possibility of flying out meeting him at the airport, brake the bike down into a suitcase and then next flight back to London. I have emailed the seller three times to see if he would meet me at the airport or whatever but he hasn't even bothered with a reply.

It's a shame as it is a fantastic bike, but hey.

Thanks

Mark.

Well, well, well. The seller has emailed me back and said he just doesn't know how to ship it within the EU but happy for me to go collect it.

What a shame, my multi coloured lycra mankini would look great riding this.

Disapointed of Surrey.

Westfailure":1fkl8qbk said:
Well, well, well. The seller has emailed me back and said he just doesn't know how to ship it within the EU but happy for me to go collect it.

Disapointed of Surrey.

Oh mannn...I would be sorely tempted myself if shipping were a option! Looks in pretty good nick too...

...how much is a flight to Germany!! :LOL:

wookiee":d5vxoj4x said:
Westfailure":d5vxoj4x said:

Disapointed of Surrey.

Oh mannn...I would be sorely tempted myself if shipping were a option! Looks in pretty good nick too...

£200 flight but then the seller is 100km from airport and not prepared to meet at airport. Even offered to pay his expenses. The time you hire a car and fuel and insurance it will cost about £400 to get the bike to the UK. Probably cheaper to drive the 1000miles

Westfailure":3tf4sxr6 said:
wookiee":3tf4sxr6 said:
Westfailure":3tf4sxr6 said:

Disapointed of Surrey.

£200 flight but then the seller is 100km from airport and not prepared to meet at airport. Even offered to pay his expenses. The time you hire a car and fuel and insurance it will cost about £400 to get the bike to the UK. Probably cheaper to drive the 1000miles

Ouch...could you offer to arrange and courier and pay him a few quid as a sweetener? I recon you could arrange a courier from here in the uk for maybe £50-£70 and then offer him £20 for his trouble??

He's not that flexible Doug. It may be the fact we are communicating via Google Translator but he doesn't seem interested.

Trying to convince my wife that Frankfurt is a very up and coming short breaks destination. Not sure I can convince her before the auction ends at 9 o'clock though.

Westfailure":w8ll9f87 said:
He's not that flexible Doug. It may be the fact we are communicating via Google Translator but he doesn't seem interested.

Trying to convince my wife that Frankfurt is a very up and coming short breaks destination. Not sure I can convince her before the auction ends at 9 o'clock though.

Oh mate thats a shame I too have tried to get German sellers to send stuff to the uk and struggled with even a rear mech and bar ends! I gotta stop looking at it as I really like it too!

No German retrobiker near Frankfurt!!??

wookiee":ojwlzc27 said:
Westfailure":ojwlzc27 said:

Oh mate thats a shame I too have tried to get German sellers to send stuff to the uk and struggled with even a rear mech and bar ends! I gotta stop looking at it as I really like it too!

No German retrobiker near Frankfurt!!??

Yep. Gutted. Always hankered after a Zolatone Team. Accepting i m probably not going to get a decent one (unless I get mentioned in your Will) then I figured this was as close as I would get.

Juice (Adam) on here is in Germany but 400kms away so not in a position to help.

Retro is fairly big in Germany so this may well go for silly money and that will make me feel a lot better.

Trying to convince myself that a 1000mile round trip in the car is both feasible and worth it.

Got nowhere to put the bike anyway.......so I keep telling myself.

Back