YORVIK Adventure ~ AFTERMATH.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
YORVIK Adventure 2013 ~ Two tribes.

A great day out, i must say! No rain apart from the drizzle at cliffords tower. :)

Many thanks to the riders who rode with us today, 12 riders at the peak We lost andy and sal at the racecourse and gained rich aitch at the train station. I hope nobody got bored with the 'tourist' side of the ride, it had to be done ;)

Pictures say more so here's some for now, more later.

Hope you all got home ok.

Thanks to my 'short-cuts' me and stu arrived with no spare time to stretch off, sorry stu :oops: to find a gaggle of riders chomping to go. I was glad to see the retrobike crew take full advantage of the parking at the start point as it can get used up rather quickly, nice one!

This leads us directly onto the rail trail up to york racecourse. Toilets closed! bugger! Ah well, onto the 1036 to micklegate and the rail station to collect rich aitch. Once over lendal bridge the minster looms to become the first rest and opportunity for photos, if you have a wide enough lens. Everything is a stroll round the cobbled streets to take a lunch stop in york centre. The 'beat-box crew' were amazing and nearly had me body-popping, i can do a wicked back spin :D

We then had a short walk down the shambles to fossgate, walmgate bar where unclejack had a little tumble, long grass that's all... :LOL:

A visit to york isn't complete without a visit to dick turpin's place of rest then, round to cliffords tower to see what it's all about. would make great bmx course. From here it's back on the river bank and the trans penine trail in the general direction of the racecourse, all easy riding with miles gobbled up quickly back to the start. Of course we stopped for a brew!

riders....

marc two tone
slm racing
chrisv40
fluffychicken
andy
sal
Adam
ringo
kenaltobelli
unclejack
rich aitch
DanD
Gil_m

thankyou!

New model army.

Big old church thing

Lurking at the back of the minster, this lot...

more later, gotta upload n stuff.

Yes, nice gentle ride that Marc... Enjoyed doing the touristy bit, as when you live on the doorstep it sort of passes you all by!

Despite elastomers turning to mush, bike performed well. Nice bit of horse trading at the end as well!

got home now;great ride around york love the place :cool:
good to see everyone top day out;
mcd turned out to be a good fuel stop :D
see everyone at the next one cheers.

more pics.

Ben- "What a shambles"

pun very intended.

clifford's tower

Tha won't catch owt wi' that hook!

That's what i call satellite tv!!

neon, that's the law.

yerrrr, i've got three :shock:

What is he doing down there? :LOL: off-the-wall antics.

Walmgate bar

No problem PT - got a bag load of replacements in the cave...!

Might go the spring route though...

Thanks for letting us join you all - great to put faces to names; having seen all the stuff on RB, it came as no surprise to find everyone so friendly. :D Apologies for pulling out early, but with our French trip looming, I'm keen to make sure current injuries stay stitched up so I'm trying not to overdo it just at the moment. :? .
Hopefully we'll now get out on some more RB rides and I can prove just how rubbish my mountain bike skills are! :facepalm:

Looks like a good day out was had, and some lovely bikes too, im soo gutted i couldnt come to this one, weathers been crap here all day so i couldnt even get out round here!

Hi Y'all, am back now and thinking about what kind of meal to eat in my hot bath. That was a really good ride and also my first Retrobike ride on my amazing folding Rudge. Also saw a Vole, scampering across the track right in front of me. There's a really good photo of Gil's Ibis Bow Ti, one of the most thought provoking suspension bikes I think I've ever seen. Unclejack and me got back to York fine, although we did the last bit on the road and went past the other side of the racecourse, so now I know where "Tyburn" is where Dick Turpin was hung. While I was waiting for my train back home I found a big tiled wall map in York Station of how the railway used to be before it all got turned into Bridleways and it showed the route that we did from Ricall and a little station by the tea and tepee stall, if I'd taken my camera I'd have got a picture of it to post up.
See you all at the Yorks national ride.

Back