Help with frame ID and restoration possibility

Yes, alpinestars al-mega.
It's a 1992 or 1993 though.
The 1991 didn't have the headtube gusset, it also had different chainstays and dropouts.
The yellow / white one above is a 1991.
I'd guess at 1993 as the 1992 model had a different seatclamp to this one. Possible it's been changed, but the change of finding a later clamp? Unlikely.
The front mech attachment is broken on it.

Rampage":1cyugdet said:
Yes, alpinestars al-mega.
It's a 1992 or 1993 though.
The 1991 didn't have the headtube gusset, it also had different chainstays and dropouts.
The yellow / white one above is a 1991.
I'd guess at 1993 as the 1992 model had a different seatclamp to this one. Possible it's been changed, but the change of finding a later clamp? Unlikely.
The front mech attachment is broken on it.

Thanks Rampage. I did wonder about the seat clamp as mine is chrome and the earlier ones are black.

I think the only damage on the frame is the front hanger but hoping I can do something with that? I'm going to get the paint stripped so I can be sure there are no hidden surprises.

There is a little bit of the original paint on the rear dropout which is purple, not sure if that helps with the ID?

Thanks for your help.

Rampage":2qfcokbd said:
There should be a catalog in the archive to look at.

Thanks Rampage.

There is no 1993 catalogue but from what I can tell from the pictures in the 1992 catalogue it seems to confirm that it is indeed a 1992 Al-Mega Dx.

Time to start rubbing that frame down!

Thanks again.

Back