Ian Meek 01.08.2012 - 220 Mile Cycle Ride in 24 Hrs for BTRS

Carlos Da Silva

Devout Dirtbag
Next month I'm cycling 220 miles in 24 hours...Bristol to Leeds...in aid of the Brain Tumour Research and Support (BTRS) charity who cared for my late friend. Ian Meek past away last August after battling a brain tumour for 14 years. This is going to be a tough challenge for me...and I'm doing it on a mountain bike! It's scary to think that I actually cycled 65 miles with Ian this month last year.

Ian had a passion for cycling...and the celebrity lifestyle! He worked tirelessly raising the awareness of brain tumours...lobbying Parlament and even carried the Olympic torch last year...one of his many highlights along with numerous TV and radio appearances. It's pretty cool that Ned Boulting wrote a chapter in his On The Road Bike book about Ian...The Meek And The Mighty.

Ian managed to raise over £110,000 for BTRS...we are hoping to get to £125,000 pretty soon. So if any of you kind souls could spare a couple of pounds...doesn't have to be much...then please go to our just giving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/philip-meek-carlos-dasilva/
http://events.btrs.org.uk/?p=410

Top guy...sadly missed. Thank you all for reading...Carlos.

Re: Ian Meek 01.08.2012 - 220 Mile Cycle Ride in 24 Hrs for

Thank you very much to peeps for kindly donating...and to everyone for taking the time to read my post.

You have my support now get out there and ride!!

wookiee":2js6y5jt said:

Thanks for the motivational pep talk! Hoping to do a 60 miler from Dartmoor to Totnes, Dartmouth, Torquay and around tomorrow.

Fingers crossed the weather will be good so that I can top up the tannage! If its really hot...it'll bring out the totty! 2 rather cute brunettes in a Ferrari 458 made my day last time I was out.

Question...I managed 52mph in a 30mph zone...why isn't there a speed camera around when you want one!

My nephew is about to do something similar... 200miles/24hrs for Great Ormand St... he's 11

2years ago he rode from home in Worcester to Hebden Bridge, via the velodrome (150miles) in 2days

This is all off his own back

Good luck with yours... I think you are both mental :LOL:

unkleGsif":3tlsz98h said:
My nephew is about to do something similar... 200miles/24hrs for Great Ormand St... he's 11

2years ago he rode from home in Worcester to Hebden Bridge, via the velodrome (150miles) in 2days

This is all off his own back

Good luck with yours... I think you are both mental :LOL:

Well, I wish your nephew all the very best luck as well...that is a great cause. It's pretty amazing that he cycled 150 miles when he was only 9 years old!

Regards

Carlos

wookiee":2l062xm8 said:

Thank you Wookiee...very kind. And to everyone else here on Retrobike who have generously donated.

Starting tomorrow at 7am...it's going to be tough as its going to be pretty hot. Please think of us whilst you're knocking back a nice cold beer!

Back