Old frame id's Please

big burner

Retro Guru
Can anyone tell me from the pictures these frame id's please :?:

The first two im going to have restored,i know the black painted one is an holdsworth but going by the lugs its one of the so called winds ie cyclone,hurricain,tornado etc but which.

Holdsworth

And anyone tell from these dropouts what this could be :?

Any help will be good
Thanks Nick :)

Hi yes a couple of other people have said it could be a whirlwind but need to confirm before having it painted up as one
The light blue I was told could be a gillot?

Nick

The black Holdsworth is not the later design of Whirlwind. Possibly a Scirocco which was introduced in 1950 but dropped by '53 and called a Whirlwind in its final year. Do you have a serial number ? That would allow us to get a handle on likely time period.
Beautiful lugs; well worth getting professionally restored and lug lined.

The light blue frame is Nervex lugged so generic. Any other ID such as serial numbers ? Any holes on head tube for a badge ? Pictures of BB and rear fork ends ?

Apple Tree":13k8jodp said:
The light blue frame is Nervex lugged so generic. Any other ID such as serial numbers ? Any holes on head tube for a badge ? Pictures of BB and rear fork ends ?

Not so fast, while I do agree that this looks like a Nervex lug set the bicycle could still be well made. In fact it looks litke the lugs received quite a bit of work particularly around the head tube.

Steven

Thanks for the info so far,i will do a couple more pictures and frame numbers i can remember the light blue starts with M :)

Back