1994 Lotus Monocoque; Meets it's maker.

Re: 1994 Lotus Monocoque

I like it, I would like something the same or similar one day myself, have fun!

MADJEZ":3nftp1ss said:
Congratulations on getting your unicorn ! Don't forget THAT's THE MAIN THING.
You can now play with spec to your hearts content cos it's YOURS !

Quote of the week and something worth remembering when we are chasing our white rabbit. Thanks MADJEZ, this has inspired me to get my Dynatech to New Zealand.. pronto!

Mahoney1978":25lmm6aq said:
MADJEZ":25lmm6aq said:
Congratulations on getting your unicorn ! Don't forget THAT's THE MAIN THING.
You can now play with spec to your hearts content cos it's YOURS !

Quote of the week and something worth remembering when we are chasing our white rabbit. Thanks MADJEZ, this has inspired me to get my Dynatech to New Zealand.. pronto!

Glad to assist !

There are quite a few people on here who complain bikes aren't catalogue correct or have too new parts or must be dripping with XTR/Ringle/etc. The point is you can build it how you like and then if it doesn't work or you get bored with it (or get more money) you can have another go. It's half the fun of it.

Beautiful :cool:

i too used to drool over these, as Jerky said it's the form of the frame that does it, i don't even notice the components :oops:

Gruff":2pxzu5v5 said:
as Jerky said it's the form of the frame that does it, i don't even notice the components :oops:

There are components on there? :shock:

Congrats MTS. Once it's built, be sure to take it to your local Lotus garage for a tune-up.

Maybe this is a dumb question but is this Lotus related at all to the car company?
Thank guys.

Wow!
Fantastic bike. Liked it a lot during the old days.

Ever thought of fitting a Flite evolution?

mattcooke":29aedfq1 said:
Maybe this is a dumb question but is this Lotus related at all to the car company?
Thank guys.

Not a dumb question at all.

I've yet to confirm this for sure, but I believe that this project was instigated in 92, and was essentially bought by lotus (the car company) towards the end. I was supposed to speak to the designer of the frames last week, but life got in the way :facepalm:

Lotus had a range of bikes for sale in the mid 90s, most of which were via a tie-in with British Eagle.

Again, thanks for the comments guys!

Back