Going out on a limb here.

i believe in fixies":31pszy3t said:
02gf74":31pszy3t said:
someone with no money and no connections may have an inspired business idea and make it big - maybe like Richard Branson

Is that the Richard Branson that started out from such a humble beginning, the one that saw him educated at Stowe, one of the country's most exclusive and expensive private boarding schools?

Don't believe the hype, the image of down to earth bloke from an everyday background has been very carefully crafted. Yes, he has had an inspired business idea been very successful but no connections or money? Not quite.

I'm a waste of space public servant.

My Dad went to grammar school, and recently sold his share in the business he co-founder for a whisker under 7 million and retired comfortably.

His dad was fairly high up in FIAT/Lancia at the time, but was still a wage slave (though by the time he retired head top man in the UK).

His Dad, my Great Grandpappy, was a bare knuckle boxer.

Absolutely no correlation between the success of the parent, and the success of the offspring in my family! Indeed, my Dad knew Alan Sugar back in the day, recalls him selling radios and car radios from his car boot, and he did very well for a dyslexic Jewish boy from a humble background.

Bill Gates, that laddo that started Farcebook, they all did very nicely for the offspring of working class families.

Conversely, Stelios was gifted a shipping line for his 21st birthday and he's move his chess pieces from there.

Seems to be plenty of examples from both camps, so much so that any correlation that one or the other is essential to financial success mist surely be smelly.

poweredbypies":2ew9wbv2 said:
Grannygrinder":2ew9wbv2 said:
How do you end up having such a massive barney over something so trivial? :shock:

Not married are you? :LOL:

Sure am
I've been married nearly 20 years.
If me and the mrs had a barney about every minor difference of opinion we'd never stop barneying :D
I only stand my ground if i actually give a toss ;) but we battered(not literally) out our differences of opinion on major stuff, religion, politics etc ages ago and agree to disagree.

That statement of "our relationship is surely worth the odd bruise or two" really worries me. You should not condone violence no matter how much you love your partner, It is simply wrong, and completely unacceptable. If you let it go this time, it will happen again, and again... seek some professional support from your local authority and make this stop.
Sorry to be so direct, but this call for help should not be brushed under the carpet.

don't worry....in 10 years, it'll be all good .....or not! either way, just except you're not clones and all the time love is present....keep at it...simple!!

I've been so worried all day, every one else has had the computer today, about what I wrote. The History Man said posting when drunk is dangerous, I'll add posting when so emotional is dangerous :oops: A few times in 21 years I've got the worst end of the stick, but verbally I've given a lot too. To the person who said how can something so trivial get so bad? i don't know it just did :shock: as to violence in a relationship I don't think it's acceptable from either quarter, but in our case it's few and far between, I just happen to be the weaker of the two :(

Alison

Isaac_AG":1phdbxzc said:
I've been so worried all day, every one else has had the computer today, about what I wrote. The History Man said posting when drunk is dangerous, I'll add posting when so emotional is dangerous :oops: A few times in 21 years I've got the worst end of the stick, but verbally I've given a lot too. To the person who said how can something so trivial get so bad? i don't know it just did :shock: as to violence in a relationship I don't think it's acceptable from either quarter, but in our case it's few and far between, I just happen to be the weaker of the two :(

Alison

It is never right Alison but if it becomes a habit it can be a hard one to break.

The first serious relationship of my adult life ended because of domestic violence. We lived together for five years but the last two were a hellish time because of it as it became more and more common. This however was the type that isn't reported often but is more common than people think. I was the victim of my girlfriends violence, she was suffering from depression due to eating disorders and when drunk though nothing of lashing out and attacking me when we argued, normally started by her being a jealous person. I was brought up to never hit a woman and I'm proud to say I never have. To this day I have a scar on my face where I was punched hard in the face as I slept.

If nothing else you have to speak to someone you trust face to face. You can in time start to believe everyone has that type of argument escalation, they don't.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm lecturing but you need to work it out as you have children and a family is a wonderful thing to have.

Back