If there wasn't Retrobike?

Here I am in real life, relaxing with a beer.

Eddie%20the%20Eagle.jpg

The genesis of the site was fairly simple really. I was into retro, a dedicated site didn't exist so I made one.

Pyro Tim":vczhtpqc said:
Meeting John at Mayhem was great. He was a lot younger than I expected. He was also a thoroughly decent guy too

this is true. I was shocked at how young John is.
Or perhaps cycling is the true secret of youth and he's really 55. :shock:

Yes, I felt very old. I had assumed only crusties liked retro but then the cut off date means that you could ave a 'retro' MTB new for your 11th birthday and only be 27 now. :facepalm:

Its been a great five years, I would have probably stayed in the AV sites and would have got fat and angry.

As it is at the moment, bike building is at an all time low, the tip and car boot sales are devoid (at least around here) of anything interesting. I like road and MTB and find that unless a good project comes along, my interest tends to wain at this time of year.

John":365gbvq9 said:
Here I am in real life, relaxing with a beer.

Eddie%20the%20Eagle.jpg

The genesis of the site was fairly simple really. I was into retro, a dedicated site didn't exist so I made one.

Evening Attire?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 156
legrandefromage":2hh0u9u5 said:
Its been a great five years, I would have probably stayed in the AV sites and would have got fat and angry.

As it is at the moment, bike building is at an all time low, the tip and car boot sales are devoid (at least around here) of anything interesting. I like road and MTB and find that unless a good project comes along, my interest tends to wain at this time of year.

We had tips around here that used to sell reusable goods like old bikes, I assumed the tip workers got the money from these sales, then the local council banned the selling of skipped stuff and now it all has to be scrapped/tipped and no reusing, I thought that was just mean.

I would have though that summer would be when you got motivated, worm, dry and sunny weather........sorry forgot this is Britain :D

Alison

On a side note, local councils often hide behind non existent 'rules' or h&s bollocks and say that stuff cant be sold on - its all a lie.

The Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment Regulations 2006 aim to reduce the amount of WEEE being disposed of and require EEE producers to pay for its reuse, recycling and recovery.

It seems to be a worldwide problem:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fake+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

If everybody complained, something might get done about it.

Isaac_AG":2mpxuqdg said:
Where would we go? :shock:

Let's give thanks to our founders and this community and of course Eddy the Eagle :LOL:

Alison
When I was restoring my old Peugeot to do the C2C ride in 2003 there wasn't any Retrobike, just Mudintheblood, which didn't have a forum, thinking of life without Retrobike is like thinking of a world that only has silent films, or meals that have no cheese.

This...

corsarob":mjqcrkg5 said:
i would still have only 1 bike and money in the bank,instead of lost count of bikes and well into my overdraft. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But far outweighed by this...

Pyro Tim":mjqcrkg5 said:
Meeting John at Mayhem was great. He was a lot younger than I expected. He was also a thoroughly decent guy too

:cool:

Back