MacRetro chat and rides thread

Hi guys
After a few quite weeks I'm back. Its been a very crazy time after Aviemore both personally and financially.
I had to fix the front end of the Passat after hitting the deer on the way home, which wasn't too big a deal just had to source a few bits and new windscreen which was through the insurance, but went to pick up the last peice in Inverness from VW a fortnight ago and the clutch went in Heathers Picasso :( so another car off the road. Luckily the Passat went through its MOT fine. So both cars now back on the road, which is helpful when you live in the middle of nowhere, wallet and bank account emptied, and still no closer to getting my new engine for the van. Once that happens the Picasso will go, but its a bit like Pantene shampoo.....it wont happen overnight but it will happen.
Fittingly my van is stored inside the church up the road and its alright for long term so there is no real urgency as it'll be with us forever.
Hence due to all this motor type, wallet emptying bollox, I am unable to commit to anything really as funds are non existant for the foreseeable future. Though Heather has said now things have settled that the Ben Nevis Enduro should be doable, just depends on one bill due in on Monday from the garage. I also couldn't commit to the Puffer Lite and missed the entry deadline but am hopeful if I can do it I can swing a late entry.
That all sounds really bad when its written like that but its not really as cars are now mobile, Heather starts her new job in just over a week. She finishes on Sat 29th and starts the new one on Mon 1st. I have that week off and will probably just load the canoe and tent and head somewhere just west for a quite 2 days, get a couple of days riding here and there and I promised Caleb I would take him camping overnight and also out in the canoe as he now has his new toddlers bouyancy jacket, no more baby gear.
So lifes good, just the finances that suck and thats only because it stops me/us doing the some things.
Just thought I'd check in as the bikes and the forum haven't been at the front of my list for a few weeks. I hope you guys are fine and Aaron, I hope your well on the recovery trail now.
Hopefully see some of you at Ben Nevis and will update whats happening. I certainly need to get some miles in as while I may have commuted lately I haven't hit the Pugsley since the week after Aviemore and while my body is a temple it has been leased to demons the last few weeks and they filled it with crisps, pizza and many other unhealthy things ;)

Jamie

Saw you on the TV again last night Jamie. Motorcycle heroes program about bike paramedics and police :? A rerun i think :? you did that a while ago

Yeah that was a while ago Dyna :oops:
Have done a few serious things for Discovery, Blue Planet, BBC etc but all that anyone ever see's is a small peice of filler for Emergency Bikers. Still its all embarassing but could be worse it could be a peice for CBeebies I did that should I hope be buried forever only to be lost in a fire. I think I'm probably best doing radio for the deaf ;)
It was all a few years ago and those days are behind me as I dont think theres a big market for PM technicians

Jamie

On another note, next month I HAVE to build the garage/hanger up as Im getting renovation work done to the house. So I need to get the motorbikes and most of the bikes out of the house and into the garage/hanger :?

Back