Saracen project.

Devon Dubber":1wzolhm0 said:
For anyone that can help....

With the drop-out I've got on this frame, how do you go about installing a SS hub and getting the correct tension on the chain??

:?:

Just been looking into it.... a chain tensioner? Are there any disadvantages to using one of these? I suppose there is no other option with my vertical dropouts??...

garethfj":1abvrice said:
This is what I use on mine :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DMR-Single-Sp ... 3cd25f8046

you just need to make sure you have a cassette freewheel.

Nice mate... Cheers for that.. I will be doing a new rear wheel for it in time so I presume that I will be able to make it SS specific???... But will still need the tensioner because of the frame design...?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No probs! Yes, you have vertical dropouts, so the tensior will still be needed. If they were horizontal then you wouldn't.

garethfj":20ntcv65 said:
No probs! Yes, you have vertical dropouts, so the tensior will still be needed. If they were horizontal then you wouldn't.

Good stuff, thanks for the info...

:D I'll be starting saving then...

I have had another good look at the frame and unfortunately I think it is too far gone to rescue.
When I took it out of the cupboard LOADS of shards of rust came out of it which have been released since the BB and steerer have been removed.
I just can't be sure that it is completely safe and structuraly sound inside.

So I have taken the decision to ditch it and concentrate on my other frame... the GT Aggresor (around 2004)... this isn't as interesting or as cool as the forcetrax at all but I am unable to invest in much at the moment so will have to work with what I already have...

:cry:

Its not a heavily butted frame, it will probably be fine. Let's see a pic of the bottom bracket shell...

coomber":3mc0yvyy said:
Its not a heavily butted frame, it will probably be fine. Let's see a pic of the bottom bracket shell...

I'm having some computer issues at the moment, (it's broke), so I will have to wait until its fixed before getting those pics up.... :cry:

Latest posts

Back