David LLoyd

Well done for landing that one. You saved me some cash :D

Good luck with it and I hope it's all A1 when it arrives.

Can't wait to see it progress. Any ideas on build style yet?

Any ideas on build style yet?

Well, I've just bought a metallic blue RC35 crown - so that's the front end sorted... After that... M900 is the obvious choice, as I have some STI units and mechs in stock...

Any idea's for a slightly off the wall period build... Mavic, campy et al!?

for off the wall how about Sachs New Success! It is cool looking kit . . . . . . . .except the levers and shifters! :LOL:

Not sure about that Luke...

Had a flash of inspiration though... what about the champagne Suntour XC Pro stuff - would look epic when you consider the paint detailing/decal colour... :cool: :cool:

Need to go on a NOS hunt!

ringo":xyagjxj8 said:
Not sure about that Luke...

Had a flash of inspiration though... what about the champagne Suntour XC Pro stuff - would look epic when you consider the paint detailing/decal colour... :cool: :cool:

Need to go on a NOS hunt!

XC Pro :D Oooh, yes please!

It's a lovely looking frame, and I look forward to watching your build, but why/how are you planning on using cantis on a frame built for v brakes?
Apologies for the shameless flaunting of my bike, but as you can see it has a cable hanger on the wishbone.

Does anyone know how many CATS are out there?

Including mine and Ringo's latest purchase, I know of five that have been seen on this forum. There must be at least two or three others, as ex works and reviewed bikes, but that's about it. Are they really that rare... ahem, exclusive. :mrgreen:

iveto; how does yours ride?

Once mine is back and built I intend to do a back to back comparison ride with my DOGS, just to see how similar or different they are to one another.

It's fairly stiff and uncompliant actually, although I'm only a 70kg weakling :LOL: I suppose for some that would be a good thing in that it will transfer your power better.
As a comparison, I find my Hot, Altitude and steel S-Works are all more comfortable and forgiving. Having said that, they all have different builds and even the same components can differ, e.g. some Flites are massively more comfortable than others.

Whoops.... hadn't noticed the lack of a canti hanger... :?

Back to the drawing board! can't do another one in M739...

Back