And today I did......

Tubulars, brave man, a badly fitted tubular can roll off and cause a crash as has been demonstrated in the TDF in the past :shock:

Plus you cant let a tub glue cure long enough if you need to replace one by the roadside.

I'm from a tourist background, when your miles and even days from home a clincher tyre with seperate inner tube wins hands down everytime and to hell with lightness and roundness of tyre cross section. Stay away from the dark arts, remain in the light ;)

velomaniac":2wvsao42 said:
Tubulars, brave man, a badly fitted tubular can roll off and cause a crash as has been demonstrated in the TDF in the past :shock:

Plus you cant let a tub glue cure long enough if you need to replace one by the roadside.

I'm from a tourist background, when your miles and even days from home a clincher tyre with seperate inner tube wins hands down everytime and to hell with lightness and roundness of tyre cross section. Stay away from the dark arts, remain in the light ;)

Sensible words :cool:

It's a spare set of wheels not for everyday use. Matching tub version of clincher wheels I have, only with close ratio block.

Some of you may remember that the BB on my Monkey was in the process of giving up at the national, so rather than just replace the BB I decided it was time for a few upgrades! :D

IMG_0596_zpse921ef5f.jpg

IMG_0601_zps0e38dba1.jpg

IMG_0605_zps823e831e.jpg

IMG_0600_zps13a6f8a3.jpg

IMG_0615_zpsba43eabc.jpg

Very clean and tidy :D SS builds always have that super clean and slick look.

firedfromthecircus":1bcsol3x said:
Some of you may remember that the BB on my Monkey was in the process of giving up

You hadn't loaned it to Big eck did you. He kills BB's :LOL:

dyna-ti":3ncjod6l said:
Very clean and tidy :D SS builds always have that super clean and slick look.

firedfromthecircus":3ncjod6l said:
Some of you may remember that the BB on my Monkey was in the process of giving up

You hadn't loaned it to Big eck did you. He kills BB's :LOL:

Ah the kerbs are prety high in Broxburn :LOL:

Back