What years this GT Zaskar

.Are we now at the stage where we can say that any ball burnished, u-brake, flat cap GT is a Zaskar???[/quote]

I am confident in saying yes ...... I would have no issues at all in sticking to that as a rule if I was looking to buy a U brake Zaskar .

Been doing some searching on google regarding the is it a Zaskar or a Pantera. A couple of things i found was the Pantera wasn't made until 1992 so if the serial numbers is say 0191 that rules the Pantera out and another thing that kept appearing is the serial number on the Pantera starts with an H.

I'm looking forward to seeing it now i've got all this info and also i'll use my trusty gut instinct,which normally works.

Off to see the bike,will it be a 91/92 Zaskar :D or a 92 Pantera :cry: cheers for all the information you've been giving me.

And the answer to the question of what year it was made,IS February 1991 :D Full marks to those who guessed correct and once again cheers for all the help. Now the next question,what's the best way to get the frame looking nice and shiny again??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 216
2000 wet and dry , nice tin of mothers polish with a micro fibre cloth that's what I used and its a treat . If the frame is a little rough on the welds get some super fine wire wool first then the wet n dry then polish.

Glad you have joined the family , get the elbow grease on the go :)

Antfox":2m4kkjn3 said:
2000 wet and dry , nice tin of mothers polish with a micro fibre cloth that's what I used and its a treat . If the frame is a little rough on the welds get some super fine wire wool first then the wet n dry then polish.

Glad you have joined the family , get the elbow grease on the go :)

I'm glad i've joined the family mate,really chuffed with it. I had to pay £200 for it but it's got a mixture of XT,DX and XC Pro components on it,so i'm not grumbling saying it's one of the first Zaskar's GT made.
Another thing how do you tell a Zaskar from an LE apart,i'm clutching at straws here but thought i'd ask saying you's know a lot about them :)

Spanky22b":3fh5xkgk said:
Been doing some searching on google regarding the is it a Zaskar or a Pantera. A couple of things i found was the Pantera wasn't made until 1992 so if the serial numbers is say 0191 that rules the Pantera out and another thing that kept appearing is the serial number on the Pantera starts with an H.

Clever!

Does anyone know if Panteras always have serial numbers? Because some Zaskars definitely do not (one claim is that these were built as team bikes.)

Back