Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Yo moderners.

I have a pair of the above tyres on my trek 9000 ( think Orange 5 and squinting a bit) . I know the bike predates the tyres but not sure if I cam use the tyres on another build. Can anyone tell me anything about them?

When did they first come out? Are/were they any good? Were they available to buy it where they an oem tyre fitted to bikes? What are they with (joke)

Thanks guys and girls. Sorry mods if these are pre 97

Which version of the Jones are they?

All Trek bikes now come with Bontrager tyres as standard but not sure how far back they go.

Got any pics?

bit of a resurrection, but a pair of the AC ones of these were on my wife's trek, they get very mixed reviews over on mtbr, wondered if anyone here has actually used them?

daugs":8ig9ic64 said:
wondered if anyone here has actually used them?

Yup, I have. Nice tyre, rolls well but doesn't mind a bit of dampness. Was a while back but I remember quite liking it, no particular weakness apart from sticky mud. Pretty cheap and lasted well. Actually I think it's still fitted to the singlespeed I let a my mum's. Late 90's sounds about right. They morphed into the Jones AC from a few years back which had a very similar tread pattern.

Back