Kitchen Units Sale

Voila!

This will make two small loaves or one large one. Method is the same just don't divide mixture. Your daughter will love this. make a loaf each.

Ingredients
500g white bread flour
7g packet of fast-action dried yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp clear honey (you can be generous here)
1 egg yolk (important for a lovely glaze on top)
Poppy seeds (sesame seeds work as well)

Method
1. Tip the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl and mix together with your fingers.
2. Stir 300ml hand-hot water with the oil and honey, then stir into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. When it gets sticky use your hands to stir and squeeze it together.
3. Divide the dough in two equal parts. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for at least 5 minutes, one each, until the dough no longer feels sticky. Sprinkle it with a little more flour if you need it.
4. Put the balls of dough back in the bowl and put in a large plastic food bag and leave it in a warm place for 1 hr, until the dough has risen.
5. Divide each ball into three equal pieces and roll them into sausages about 40 cm long. Plait the sausages sticking the ends with egg yolk. Paint the loaf with egg yolk and sprinkle with a few poppy seeds.
6. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. places loaves on a baking tray then bake for 30-35 mins until the loaf is risen and golden. Put bread on a cooling rack and tap the base of the bread to check it is cooked. It should sound hollow. Leave to cool.

With my pleasure. The taste and smell is wonderful.
I used to make this with my son when he was a tiddler. He recently came home and asked if 'we could make some of that bread together' Brought a tear to my glass eye.

The kneading is a really satisfying process. You get back what you put in!

The History Man":xirlgu3n said:
With my pleasure. The taste and smell is wonderful.
I used to make this with my son when he was a tiddler. He recently came home and asked if 'we could make some of that bread together' Brought a tear to my glass eye.

The kneading is a really satisfying process. You get back what you put in!

Got a chocolate bread recipe, we sometimes make :D

Alison

@Iwasgoodonce,
yes it does. Also, as the Nigerian cultural attaché, I can do you a sweet deal on some funny blue pills that'll make yer bits bigger. I can't do Paypal so if you just send me ALL your bank details, including account numbers, passwords and stool sample, I can sort it out in a jiffy. Seal the deal before midnight and I'll bung in a dozen iPods and a Ukranian wife; can't say fairer than that.

Agency_Scum":2ikq86cc said:
@Iwasgoodonce,
yes it does. Also, as the Nigerian cultural attaché, I can do you a sweet deal on some funny blue pills that'll make yer bits bigger. I can't do Paypal so if you just send me ALL your bank details, including account numbers, passwords and stool sample, I can sort it out in a jiffy. Seal the deal before midnight and I'll bung in a dozen iPods and a Ukranian wife; can't say fairer than that.

Disappointing. And there was me hoping I'd won the Belgian national lottery and could claim my winnings simply by shelling out a five-figure admin fee.... ;)

Still, don't suppose you happen to know whether or not I've been mis-sold some payment protection insurance, do you?

David

Mrs HM came home tonight with two tins of Spam variant 'with bacon' . Not convinced but will try them. On offer.

Back