1996 Kona Hot

Anthony":3cwwdgdf said:
The rear V-brake cable stop wasn't there as first built, but anybody getting their Hot repainted around that time would have taken the opportunity to have one fitted. It could even have been a big part of the reason for the new paint job.

Some later 96 Hots did get the extra V brake cable stop due to the introduction of V brakes part way through 96. ;)

andrewl":2vvpxkfd said:
Anthony":2vvpxkfd said:
The rear V-brake cable stop wasn't there as first built, but anybody getting their Hot repainted around that time would have taken the opportunity to have one fitted. It could even have been a big part of the reason for the new paint job.

Some later 96 Hots did get the extra V brake cable stop due to the introduction of V brakes part way through 96. ;)

looking at it i think is a retro-fit, the stop is ever so slightly different, and isn't fitted exactly straight, the brazing looks different too.

Re: Hot

haggis":2griskpu said:
Think its a '97 as the dropouts are diff from mine, plus mine has more tapered seat stays as opposed to the almost straight tubes.

I don't remember what, but i think there was a reason why it couldn't be a 97, possibly the cable routing??

How can I be sure?
Someone mentioned before about measuring the size of the top and down tubes.
I do know the guy who bought this new, and he's not really the sort who would have done something like put different decals on. Also, didn't the explosif have rack mounts?

No i dont think so - not that year anyway - the frame are so alike though its difficult to tell from photos.

Re: ?

konamad":1jaqj3d8 said:
looks like a 1997 explosif with Hot decals on!?

might be wrong of course.

Would have thought the Explosif would have had rack mounts.

EDIT: Whoops, missed this one...

KonaHoathy":1jaqj3d8 said:
Also, didn't the explosif have rack mounts?

I'm pretty certain they all did, hence yours is a Hot. Anthony, you care to comment?

Latest posts

Back