Unknown Viking Help

OldTel":1g1pdsqg said:
Hi, you should find everything you need on the superb website http://classicvikingcycles.com/ and about hills, usually they are more about the engine not the equipment. Terry

Thanks Terry. I have already looked all over that site, and also contacted the owner of it but I am unable to find my model. I agree, the engine is not strong enough for the hills with so few gears though.

Hi, firstly, some better photos would help - The head badge points to a mid to late fifties viking, but ! The questions surround the down tube decal ( not fifties ), brazons ( no pump, or brake brazons ?) and the angles look earlier. So, to start with do you have any serial numbers any where, usually on the bottom bracket or dropouts. Terry

On both dropouts is Shimano, I can't see anything around the bb area. There are pump mounts however one has broken off (before I owned it). I'd be happy to get better pictures of areas if you'd be willing to help more?

Hi, that''s disappointing about the dropouts, it means some work has been done on it. Photo's of the lugged areas always helps, you can become a member of flicka, or something like it, and load the photo's up there. Terry

From the little I can see, the fork rake looks far too short for a 1950's Viking, and the bottom bracket too high.
Keith

Back