no more Yeti ARC?

merckx

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
in what appears to be the complete end of an era, it would appear Yeti no longer offer the ARC in 26" ?

sad

02gf74":2yrwpbn5 said:
Rover no longer make the mini metro. get over it! :D

what!!?? when did that happen???

:LOL:

about the Yeti... don't tell me they're doing it in 29" only or something daft like that????

02gf74":4i16qj38 said:
Rover no longer make the mini metro. get over it! :D

Morgan still makes the same car they did in the 1930s, so why can't Yeti hang on to an obsolete design?

:twisted:

Since the bike industry decided that introducing new wheel sizes was a good way to generate sales! No frame swaps any more....you now need forks, wheels and tyres.

Those that missed the 29er band wagon are pushing the 650b one. Look at Santa Cruz, the only 26er will be the V10 at the rate their going. Apparently, they've been inundated with demands for the 'tweener wheels despite lads of people having never ridden them! The Americans in particular seem really wiling to adopt them and think that they will be the best thing ever.

Read somewhere Orange were stopping making the 26" Five now that they have released a 650B variant.

BertR00t":3tz1bmus said:
Read somewhere Orange were stopping making the 26" Five now that they have released a 650B variant.

I think you might be right there too....650b or 29er only now for the Five which I think is a bold call because the Five has been a case of evolution not revolution and has a very loyal fan base.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next year or two especially now Fox have redesigned their fork arch which means you can't run 26 or 650b wheels. If there isn't enough demand for 26inch forks you can guess what will happen.

I can see it happening too because the OE market for 26inch forks is getting smaller and smaller and I doubt the market for replacement forks is that big these days given how expensive they are. Pretty sure that most bikes above £500 will be 650b or 29inch aside from the gravity bikes.

Back