how to spot shill bidding?

jonnyboy666":2ry5wl44 said:
excuse me? i hope you're not implying that i'm some sort of back street barrow boy with dubious morals?

i offered a price to the seller when he offered a buy it now option over the phone.
That wasn't clear from your original post.
i offered £80 collected from him. he said he'd keep the auction going
there is no need to jump to conclusions like that. i've been on this forum for several years, thousands of posts, no warnings, no dodgy selling, have been asked to be a moderator, my ebay feedback is 100% and has always been from the start.
A moderator you say? I take it all back.

jonnyboy666":1cyhuouu said:
my point was that you jumped to a conclusion. a wrong one.

If the IOW rides are anything to go by the dubious morals bit wouldn't be too far off the mark.

;) < winkey face makes it OK.

To inject some common sense into what has decended into the usual 'type-before-you-think' spout-fest...

...are not the bidders identities randomly disguised in the bid history, so how do you tell anyway, and could shill bidding be generated by the same accounts indefinitely as a result?

If you have doubts about the veracity of the deal that are going to weigh on your mind then just walk away (metaphorically) as another is bound to turn up sooner or later...

...otherwise just stump up what you offered and enjoy your ill gotten gains :LOL:

( :LOL: = a certain degree of implied 'tongue in cheek' for those that see an excuse to argue about anything and everything!)

technodup":1rhfo2vj said:
jonnyboy666":1rhfo2vj said:
my point was that you jumped to a conclusion.
And mine was that you weren't clear.

Anyway I'm out.

i didn't think i had to be, and thanks for not even apologising or atleast acknowledging that you had caused offence.

Back