how to spot shill bidding?

I have to concur with Neil.

Offering an amount to complete a sale outside of Ebay used to be more frowned upon.

As the majority now use Paypal, Ebay are not bothered as they still get a cut.

I have bought hundreds of things 'outside' of the actual auction.

technodup":n6gnnp85 said:
Yes it's the seller in breach, but ffs we seem to talking morals and the buyer isn't exactly clean as a whistle .

excuse me? i hope you're not implying that i'm some sort of back street barrow boy with dubious morals?

i offered a price to the seller when he offered a buy it now option over the phone.

there is no need to jump to conclusions like that. i've been on this forum for several years, thousands of posts, no warnings, no dodgy selling, have been asked to be a moderator, my ebay feedback is 100% and has always been from the start.

think about what you post before you type it please.

Jonny, Ebay has changed things to make it harder to establish shill bidding.

It is almost as though they accept it as a selling tactic.

I really think if you like the bike, just go and get it.

The seller will be forgotten the moment you have it home and safe.

Neil":1pwxal77 said:
I am completely lost as to why anybody bids at the start - unless you think you really will forget,

Yeah, that's it- forgetting! Otherwise, if the seller appears willing to let an item go at more than you are prepared to pay, stick a bid in to make him think it might be worth letting the auction run. It's a long shot, but better than folding early. It costs nowt.

yeah i tend to watch, then decide whether or not to bid, but then if i do i use max bid as i work weird hours so i'd forget otherwise.

Latest posts

Back