Tour de Trail Centre

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
thinking of doing a mission to various trails centres in the UK in september as a sort of replacement for the demise of this years OWMTBC :(

bearing in mind i live at the arse of the country that is southampton it will be a gradual tour north and then back down.

the dates i am thinking of are from the 16th of september (monday)

day 1, cannock chase
day 2, one of the severn staines
day 3, kirroughtree
day 4, coed y brenin
day 5, llandegla
day 6, forest of dean then home.

the idea being that we ride, then drive to the next location ready to ride the next day, this should spread the driving abit

the only place i'm not sure about was day 2, i stopped at kielder a while ago but we abandoned as it was full on storm force when we arrived, 1/2 hour of that was enough!!

my initial plan was to invite people i know and ride with regularly (most are on my FB) but then i thought it would be cool if local retrobikers could meet with us aswel. bearing in mind it's trail centres i'm looking at i'd suggest a more up to date bike (sorry) as the trails tend to be designed for full suspension or abuse orientated bikes.

anyone interested?

:D

Alas I'm working both days you're up here. I'd say try Glentress if you've not ridden it, big BMX park feel very man made, or consider a Mabie/Dalbeattie double, close enough together to do them both. For me just now though Kirro is the star :)

yeah i have ridden kirroughtree twice now, really liked it as did my mate adam, fast, flowing and fun.

i like the idea of dalbeattie as it's 2 places relatively close so not too much driving on one of those days, possibly even staying in the same place hotel wise.

down south there are hardly any sensible hills so north is the way to go.

Back