R.I.P. James Gandolfini

highlandsflyer":3kyj8pj1 said:
jonnyboy666":3kyj8pj1 said:
i've seen some of it but i never really liked it enough to continue watching it, like alot of series programmes that are on i lose interest after a while.

Fair enough. I only watched it after talking to one of the theme song writers about it.

I find it funny when I see some raving about things like Sons Of Anarchy when there are things like The Sopranos out there.

:)

Which one of the Love family was that? ;-) I met I.V. Lenin ( The Lenin of Love) in a pub in Sussex, he gave me a copy of Outlaw before it was released. A very very underated band....

And yes RIP James Gandolfini, a true great

jonnyboy666":1d1mxbux said:
i've seen some of it but i never really liked it enough to continue watching it, like alot of series programmes that are on i lose interest after a while.

I agree with this, I also find long running series hard to stick with, he was an excellent actor though, and he was A Wild Thing too :D

RIP

Alison

feel sad for his lad;being there 'hope he gets om ok
its a hell of a thing to go through.
rip watched some of the shows last night on you tube good series.

The History Man":jk0fqbaj said:
Woke up this morning, got myself a gun........

I knew I was onto the good stuff, with The Sopranos, when I first heard the title music of the first episode.

#inbeforecliffthejokethatkeepsongiving

Alabama 3 did the song on the credits, a group including a Welshman and a Scotsman plus at the time 7 other people, who were based in brixton. They were paid in the region of £20k for the use of the song which they promptly spent on smack. They got the Sopranos gig because the producers thought they were American. The album its from is called 'Exile on Coldharbour Lane' and is one of my all time favourite albums, they are also one of the best live bands as well... Check them out, you can't go wrong

I have partied with them over the years, they frequent(ed) the same dives. Kind of suiting for them to feature on a show that was a pastiche of American Gangster legend.

I have to agree that The Sopranos is a modern masterpiece!

I only got into it after the final series but it was immense. . . . . .better than The Wire (never thought Id say that, see my avatar!)

A great loss at a young age.

Back