Proshift Protwist Shifters

old_coyote_pedaller":z9n3bs5t said:
I may have a sheet of paper that came with shifters, if I still have it and it's of use I'll scan it and put it on thread.
Can't take pics at the moment but taking them apart is simple. Take out Allen screw on triangular plate first then remove all the other screws on back of shifter, hold it together till you've done that then carefully separate the 2 parts. The spring shouldn't jump out, it didn't on mine as it's in the grip part. Having pics doesn't make much difference.

Thanks !

If you can scan the paper, I would be more confident, because the last shifter I have open to change cable was a Sram X9, that I've never succeed to refix (and finally changed for a X0) !

As these shifter are more expensive than Sram, I am a little bit afraid now...

I can't find the sheet of paper that came with the shifters, it was like the one in the pic in OP.
Memory says I still have it somewhere. :oops: There's not much info on it as far as I remember.
Tried to find info online but the search results kept coming up with this thread. :roll:

Here's some photos,

This is the left hand shifter for front mech, it has an L marked on it. Notice it has 9 indents for the spring, so you can adjust position of mech between changes.
The other right hand shifter for rear mech, no R marking on mine, only has 8 indents for each rear sprocket.
As your's will probably be as old as mine, '93/'94/'95?, a clean out and regrease will be a good idea.
Hope this helps.

Don't know about the plastic bung, there's none on mine.

Thank you so much !

And do you know what : I just bought a second pair of shifter on a french website !

6ph6.jpg

So I am now very confident ! :p

Hey thank's for that! it's good to see the inside without having to take 'em apart myself, they don't look too scary anyway. :)

I always wanted the F+R mechs but could never justify to myself the cost. Lots of other new XT/XTR type goodies were bought instead. :LOL:
Will be in Chamonix in July sometime, MTBing and rock-climbing hopefully, could you let me know the location of the secret goldmine of Proshift parts you've found? :LOL: ;)

If you pass by Grenoble, you must go to the shop "Espace Montagne", to see on walls some retro mtb from the collection of my friend Sylvain : Yeti, Tomac, Sbike, Manitou, Alpinestar, etc.. ;)

Mofofo":2i1afn17 said:
Thank you so much !

And do you know what : I just bought a second pair of shifter on a french website !

6ph6.jpg

So I am now very confident ! :p

Received today !

tp3q.jpg

I keep the mech, but twister will be for sale !
(or for swap, if you had a front Proshift or Paul mech, or a Tioga discDrive...)

:p

Back