Geoff Wiles with Suntour Radius

stockni

Dirt Disciple
Sadly the Fondriest I posted up a month ago was just too big for me and couldn't make it comfy, so a friend took it off my hands and I've replaced with a nice find. The bike was found by a home clearance company after the previous owner had passed away.

As you can see from the photos this hasn't been ridden an awful lot and credit to the previous owner who clearly took really great care of this as the bike rides really well. I think it's from '91/92 which is when Radius was available.

Frame and fork: Geoff Wiles 54cm in Reynolds 531c.
Full groupset: Suntour Radius
Wheels: Suntour Radius hubs on Rigida rims

Been out and about on this a good few times now and really enjoying it. Rides very well indeed. Not found an awful lot of info on the Suntour parts (apart from being similar / slightly lesser quality than 105) but they've got plently of miles left in them still so not looking to change them just yet.

The one thing that's changing is the saddle - I've never been comfy on this shape of saddle so replaced by a newer version.

The Cinelli bar extensions are pretty crazy too - although negligible speed benefit when I'm clinging on to them trying not to topple!

Back