excited isnt the word

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
I am known to be, shall we say "frugal" with my spending. but I have just scored some tyres that I have been after for seemingly ever!
they were more than I was comfortable with but I know they are not gonna come round again for a long time. I actualy cant wait for these bad boys to turn up and no they are not made by onza. I always thought you boys that spend large amounts on tyres are a bit unhinged, but now I know the truth. :D

yup, maybe not a bargain to me (i sweat paying the milk bill) but yes a bargain in respect im never getting this opportunity again

Specialized Ground controls off a certain Ladies bike perchance???? :xmas-wink:

Congratulations to you, I am often tempted to buy expensive NOS tires but the air here dries them out so quickly that it is heartbreaking to watch the cracks develop.

I recently opened my wallet for a pair of Charge Splashbacks.... the first new tyres I've bought in about 15 years ! And it was well worth it.

I also bought some nos Ritchey's for my Brodie and they cost a pretty penny. I almost changed them for something else after taking the finished build pics but decided to bite the bullet and get them dirty. I knew that if I didn't do it now then I would never do it and they would end up wasting away in the shed until they were no longer rideable, which would be a crying shame.

Great score on those Ground Controls though, were they the 2nd edition ones?

MADJEZ":3ts72rkb said:
I recently opened my wallet for a pair of Charge Splashbacks.... the first new tyres I've bought in about 15 years ! And it was well worth it.

Same here, :( such a shame when originals crumble and carbuncle. I has to bin a couple of Joe Murrays that has plenty of tread but fkd sidewalls.

Back