Proshift Protwist Shifters

old_coyote_pedaller

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I have a set of these, silver not black,

Proshiftshifters.jpg

on my full suspension bike and I was wondering if anybody knows where I could get new grips for them? Not desperate but I would like some as spares.

Ah, that rings a bell, I'll have a look amongst my bike bits, not sure they are 600's but will try taking them off if I find them. Thanks.

If I was younger I'd have said I'd had a blonde moment forgetting I had them somewhere, but since I'm old I'd say it was more like a "senior moment" :oops: .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi all,

I have received a pair of Proshift Protwist Shifters, on which I have installed red ATI grip from SRT600.

aqps.jpg

The question is : how to replace cable ?

Thanks.

velomaniac":3ft9h37m said:
As grip shifters go they're rather handsome :D

+1

Not seen these before. Do they work as well as they look? Are they prone to the same issues as your average gripshift?
What sort of money are they?

I've never had any "issues" with my gripshifts but then they are Sachs Powergrip Waveys. They are around 15y.o.
Have the Sram versions on 3 other bikes, all OK.

I have a set of the Proshift Protwist shifters as above, silver with black grips. No longer use them but when in use again no problem the way they worked. The ones I've seen for sale priced high similar to other Proshift stuff like mechs.
Don't know if they actually get sold for these amounts, if I was sure I'd likely sell mine. Probably to keep them to admire/just have if they were not worth what people think they do.

Mofofo,
As to the changing cable I haven't done it on mine but unlike the Waveys they might have to be partly taken to bits.
Have you removed the small triangular plate held on with the Allen screw to have a look at the cable entry path?

Back