Colnago

other than a few years of mavic groupsets and some quirky bitsa this and bitsa that ,what other choices were there?

ps agree completely that a colnago needs campagnolo ( or bits from Ambrosio , Rino, modolo
and Gipiemme etc)

Since 1968: 27 TDF wins, 32 Giro Wins & 28 World Championships have been secured on Campagnolo groupsets, with 5 current World Tour squads using Campagnolo. Early TDF winners (Anquetil, Bobet et al) used Huret or Simplex. It was the change from 46/49 or 47/50 double chainrings to 42/52 standard in the early 60's where Campagnolo's hand was forced as the Gran Sport couldn't handle the wider ratios with the introduction of 6-speed - hence the development & issue of Record in '63...5 years later to '68 and as they say...the rest is history.

OK Boys lets stop the Spat on Campag Vs the world.................

Can anybody confirm my frame is Italian threads on the BB as I'll buy a matching Chorus one too ??

It's almost certainly Italian, but to be sure just check the BB that is currently installed, or measure the bb shell width, 70mm is Italian.

Be sure you are measuring just the shell and not the lip of the bottom bracket currently installed. There were some Italian BBs that measured 73mm but those were almost all in the 60s and earlier...

Bike now finished

Only thing left in the end was the BB so I had a new one fitted by Ride of Coventry, Excellent service, really friendly and helpful. Campag Chorus, Italian thread, right size too. really pleased.

Have ridden approx 50 miles in 2-3 rides and its great, see attached

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 164
Nice frame but this mix of '80s and '90s parts looks somewhat strange.
What is totally out of place is the saddle.

Back