Trails bike

Beanuk

Retro Newbie
Hi can anybody identify who manufacturer is, I bought this at a car boot and was told it was a GT, it has had a rough paint job, you can see the original paint work underneath. Is there a way to identify. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,300
I was hoping to say its a ricochet that's what Hans used to ride but its got canti / v bosses on and back then he only used ACS calliper brakes.

The bike I would say is an old Monty B219 from about 1993 - 1994. I had the B219 CH which was very similar but had Maguras fitted as standard.

Ant

Thanks for replying Ant, I've attached some more photos, I bought the bike so I could take the daughter on the bmx track, it was hard work with that little sprocket I wasn't going anywhere. Is it possible to change it for a bigger one? Thanks Neil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,283
Does look like a Monty except the seat tube / seat stay part does look a little longer than normal but they do change over time here is a link to a b219

http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fil ... l_bike.JPG

You would need to change the cranks , I think they came in 160 but the single ring used to be welded to the arm( on the one I had was anyway )
Go for a three piece BMW chainset.

A Mahooooooosive word of warning is the top of the forks will smash knee caps and tears will be running , I know this as in the end unused to wear knee pads with plastic cups .

Thanks for your help Ant, I think I'm just going to get rid and get a bmx that doesn't need any work can you recommend where such places advertise this type of item. Thanks mate. Neil

To be honest evil bay will be your best but like always don't expect high money as most of the time I've seen things like this sell for nothing at all :(

Back