The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
White knight finally given up. Not repairable so just need recommendations for a new one. This one has been good for 7 years and was a hand-me-down when we were given it.

Never having bought one I know nothing.

Re: Condenser Tumble Dryer recommendations please?

We have a Hotpoint TCM580, only had it a few years but seems to work OK with quite a large load capacity, I think it was around £200.

Recently the heating element broke however they are only £15 and easy to change.

Thanks for that. Surfing the bay.........

A repair man once told me to get the most basic one you can (washer/dishwashers/dryers etc) Less to go wrong, easy to fix :)

We've got a Hotpoint, over 10yrs old now, only time I've had to do anything to it was to retrieve a bra under wire out of the element, and all it did was trip the RCD, as long as its kept clean and the heat exchanger washed out it's spot on.

dan smith":h9dal80c said:
A repair man once told me to get the most basic one you can (washer/dishwashers/dryers etc) Less to go wrong, easy to fix :)

Yes that's always been our strategy. Was just wondering if there were any nightmares out there.

we had a tumble dryer a few years back, it was a hotpoint and was great.
one day when my wife put the dryer on i was by the front door and noticed the spinning wheel on the electric meter suddenly speed up.
i told her to turn it off and the wheel slowed right down.
after that we gave the thing away.
they run away with the electricity, but are great at drying clothes.

We've had our zenussi for about 8 years, although about a year ago it started getting sulky and we've had Domestic and General repair it a couple of times, last Thursday was the last time. but it's still tumbling for a family of 5/6 and I think it's had a good innings but we're still keeping it.

"they run away with the electricity, but are great at drying clothes"

With big families on wet days and during the winter they are a lifesaver :)

Alison

I bought a Panasonic. It uses 40% less electricity than A rated. I cannot fault it but hope that it lasts long enough to repay the investment.

Since ours got moved into the garage when we moved to the new house, its far more efficient, plus being a sensor dry it runs till the clothing is dry, and doesn't rely on you setting a time.

Back