What was the first bike you ever had, your childhood bike ?

Re: What was the first bike you ever had, your childhood bik

Keep it. Wish I had my first one.

No that's not mine I was just using it as an example, my eBay name is so long, I wish I had been a bit more sensible.

Alison

dyna-ti":t39jqw78 said:
Raleigh Chipper :D Yellow
It was bought 2nd hand for me and i rode it to death. It came with us when we moved back to Scotland and i think i was using it aged about 9(45 now) when it was alas stolen :(.
Thankfully it was recovered, but when we went to collect it my Dad was told it was an absolute death trap :LOL: , No brakes, stem was loose, both tyres skidded to the cord showing.

Once ,while out on it roaming about i decided to go to a large outdoor shopping arcade that had ramps running right through it and was superb for bombing down :D
Off i went but to my horror as i approached the last ramp going full tilt that it wasnt a ramp at all it was instead a flight of concrete stairs about 12 high. Naturally ,i didnt realise it was a staircase till i was right at the very top of it and flew off it.
:LOL: Bike landed pretty much flat but bounced high and went over and off i went landing on my side more shocked than in pain.

The police kept the bike and i didnt get another till 1992 :LOL:
the first bike i remember was a yellow chipper,its what my dad taught me to ride on way back when.

If anybody out there has a pixie at the bottom of their garden?

The History Man":s5dqutsp said:
If anybody out there has a pixie at the bottom of their garden?
no,but i do have a bugger!!!!!

Not strictly relevant I suppose but firstly I had a ‘Black Knight’ tricycle, with a picture of an armoured chap for the headbadge. It was red, a fact that puzzled me at the time as I remember.

Then it must have been Shanks’ pony for a bit because I remember getting a Pavemaster for my seventh birthday. It was the cycling equivalent of Startrite shoes. As I remember it had twin top tubes, white tyres and a stoplight. A fabulously camp machine; I still don’t miss it.

I'm amazed people can remember their very first bike names, I haven't a clue I just member they all seamed to come in browny red, had three speeds and were complete and utter rubbish, maybe it wasn't browny red paint but rust :D

Alison

Someone I know of may or may not have been given a Raleigh Apple as their first bike;

5672563259_0c116cc579.jpg

They may or may not have removed the stickers in an attempt to make it slightly less embarrassing. So I heard, anyway...

I never had a bike as a child .......................... dont want to talk about it :cry:

I've made up for it now though :twisted:

RobMac":k2vq12d0 said:
I never had a bike as a child .......................... dont want to talk about it :cry:

I've made up for it now though :twisted:

and we still want to see a picture of your abode!

Back