Suspension seatposts

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Anyone tried suspension seatposts at all ? my other half wants a bit more comfort so i wondered if they could be an answer :D
cheers Paul

I've had a few, the USE ones are my personal favourite.

I quite like them, they do take some of the harshness out of the ride (I assume we're talking about fitting one to a hardtail frame here?), and if you'd rather add a few grammes to gain some comfort then they're worth a look (along with a comfier saddle??).

Keep on top of the maintainence and they should last a long time, although I found that over time they all seemed to develop a bit of movement, probably down to the bushes wearing or something, but it noever got bad enough to bother me whilst riding, more something I noticed when fettling in the man cave.

Give it a go I say, she might like it.

Have a U.S.E bouncy post on my Explosif, put one on SWMBO's Stumpy, and on my daughters Kilauea, oh, and her other halfs Saracen, so guess you could say I like them...

...minor weight penalty far offset by added comfort :cool:

Seems a pretty big thumbs up there then :D thanks guys , her bike is an alloy hardtail , womans geometry and saddle etc but tbh she is not a very confident cyclist and has a bad foot so never stands up on the pedals at all , the post could be a good move .
cheers Paul

Tried use sx ones, offer a nice bit of comfort but do get side to side play from bushes wearing and the cane creek thudbuster Lt 3" travel (which is comfy, but weird). The cane creek is expensive, but do come up on eBay. They do a st, which is 1.3"

Back