How much? Rare Aende bike

ccsmdr

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Hope this is the correct place to post this 'How much?' question.
I have a rare Pongo Braithwaite Aende bike (later model) which I'm looking to sell but need to know realistically what it's worth:

Columbus Air tubing (possibly)
Fillet brazed
Campagnolo Chorus Headset
Braised front derailleur
Shimano sg a-52 chainring
Shimano Sora groupset

Pictures: http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsmdr/aende.htm

Any advice on what I should ask for the bike gratefully received.

Cheers.
Martin

That doesn't look like Columbus Air tubing to me certainly not the down/seat tube more like an ishawata aero or tange aero tubing more like

frame 250 quid

Quick google search came up with a complete bike on selling on ebay for 450 pounds back in May. Lots of nice articles about the builder. Also the geometry you listed, 55cm seat tube with a 51cm top tube, tends to suggest a custom bike for someone with long legs compared to overall height. I suggest double checking that top tube because this could present a problem finding a buyer.

Thanks for the posts.
The geometry I listed may be due to my ham-fisted measurements! I'm not sure where I should start/stop the measurements.
Put it this way, I ride it perfectly well at 5'10".

It depends on who is looking for an Aende at the time you sell.

Gunscrossed has had an Aende for sale on here for quite a while, the earlier ones with his trademark drilling / slotting / cutting / thinning / tend to have more of a following. None are numbered though to avoid the taxman LOL

£400 would be fair IMHO.

Shaun

ccsmdr":u6hpsoqy said:
I have a rare Pongo Braithwaite Aende bike
Pongo hated being called 'Pongo Braithwate' or even his real name which was Allen, made him angry and he wanted everyone to know his name was Pongo and nothing else ;)

Looks a fairly cheap build of his but has the tell tale seat clamp and shot in stays.

Back