BoTM June 2013 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tc, yes I do! For over three years now. It's a fifty foot canal boat. 7 foot wide. No permanent mooring and I've been all over the country in it. Settled on the North West for now due to the terrain up here. Mam Tor and Kinder Scout Plateau are the local riding spots :)

It's also a good way to limit the number of bikes I own - although my bank balance is doing a good job of that at the moment *sigh* Five bikes will be the limit before I run out of space :LOL:

And for the record I'd never go back to land - living on a boat rocks!

nausea":km2x8xfl said:
Tc, yes I do! For over three years now. It's a fifty foot canal boat. 7 foot wide. No permanent mooring and I've been all over the country in it. Settled on the North West for now due to the terrain up here. Mam Tor and Kinder Scout Plateau are the local riding spots :)

It's also a good way to limit the number of bikes I own - although my bank balance is doing a good job of that at the moment *sigh* Five bikes will be the limit before I run out of space :LOL:

And for the record I'd never go back to land - living on a boat rocks!

I looked into this years ago but the mrs will have none if it!

But in my books you are unofficialy the coolest person on the forum! :mrgreen:

Wow, praise indeed - thankyou Tc.

Yes, that's a common problem - getting the missus onto the water permanently is not always easy... It's a fine life but I have no fridge, freezer, washing machine, tv or central heating. I have a porta potti instead of a toilet and my hot water currently doesn't work properly either. A broadbeam or dutch barge on a permanent mooring could be made just as comfortable as a house in terms of mod cons though.

Amusingly, one of the deal breakers for the ladies is that even my 1000w generator which can easily power every electrical device I own at the same time would not be powerful enough to operate some brands of hair straighteners!!

That said, I do know plenty of girls living on their own boats (none of whom have staight hair) but for the record I have chosen the simple (i.e. single) life for the moment :LOL:

nausea":3ndqqkn0 said:
Wow, praise indeed - thankyou Tc.

Yes, that's a common problem - getting the missus onto the water permanently is not always easy... It's a fine life but I have no fridge, freezer, washing machine, tv or central heating. I have a porta potti instead of a toilet and my hot water currently doesn't work properly either. A broadbeam or dutch barge on a permanent mooring could be made just as comfortable as a house in terms of mod cons though.

Amusingly, one of the deal breakers for the ladies is that even my 1000w generator which can easily power every electrical device I own at the same time would not be powerful enough to operate some brands of hair straighteners!!

That said, I do know plenty of girls living on their own boats (none of whom have staight hair) but for the record I have chosen the simple (i.e. single) life for the moment :LOL:

Yup so cool!

/\ :cool: !!!

Would love to take that for a spin! I'll bet it makes peoples eyes pop out of their head!

Holey moley - thought we were in for a month of everything being so good that it was all going to be a bit meh if you get my drift - but that Arc is head and shoulders for me - spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back