MacRetro Clan Gathering - Sunday 8/June/08 -11am- Glentress

Previous organised trips to Glentress worked on a be ready to hit the trail at 11am basis. Thus most had plenty of time to get there and plenty of time to get back from there.

I suspect a later start of 12 or 1pm might work better from the point of veiw of the distance some of you may have to travel. I'll start canvassing peoples opinions.

A point to note though is the carparks fill up quick and by mid day often there is no where but the main road to put a car.

We would be glad to see you, especially as you have an interesting GT I've seen on members bikes.

Cheers :D :D :D

MacRetro

Can anyone offer one man and his bike a lift from Glasgow to Glentress for the meet, got car troubles :cry: I can travel from Glasgow to any train station if that helps. Cheers.
Stew.

Haggis,

I know of several bodies coming from Edinburgh, at least one of which could be arm twisted into picking you up from Edinburgh Waverly/Haymarket if no other offers are made.

We'll get you there somehow.

Cheers ;)

MacRetro

That would be fantastic :D Had to pull a few strings to get time off work, now my car is sidelined.

Stew give me a few days to see if I can blag a bike rack that will fit 3 bikes, unless of course you can supply that? if you can you have a chariot my friend :D

ps red devils you dancer :D :D :D :D :D

As to the time to meet, I'm easy but the earlier the better for the parking and getting home to the good lady and 3 kiddie winks at home :D

I'm going to make an executive decision as to what time on Sunday 8th 2008 we get underway.

Be ready, car parked, bike fettled, ready to ride outside the Hub Cafe by the main carpark at Glentress at :

11 am Sunday 8th June 08

Possibly not early enough for some and too early for others but compromise is the order of the day. The ride will comprise of the usual do a section, wait for everyone to regroup, talk toot about bikes and riding BITD then do the next section until we're all back safe (touch wood/forest) at the Hub Cafe.

Hope everyones happy,

Cheers :D

Kool and the gang. BTW I rode the new Blue section back to the Hub and its fantastic. Lots of speed and some good jumps. So good in fact I felt like I wouldn't come down,and I never, jumped at an angle and landed 2 feet up the embankment. :oops: Better than jumping at the other angle mind and plummeting to my death.

Back