Another Marin...

drcarlos":26wkq6ha said:
chiswickcollectables":26wkq6ha said:
Lovely that... it's definitely a 1990, IMO Marins best year. Components look in good nick too so it'll be cheap and low effort to get it bang on. It would be cool to see it along side mine at MM13 :cool:

1991 is the best year ;) .
I like these old Marins prefer the Dark Zolatone and the fat stays of 91 but these two years were the best.
Good to see that so many have been looked after and are appearing here.

Carl.

+1 :D

brocklanders023":mrvp4wxr said:
Very nice :cool:

I'd leave the original stickers if it was mine. The repro's are good but not 100% correct imo.

I think your right. I could with a new head tube one though!!! Unless I can restick the original!

Re: Another Marin...groupset question?

So...will it be frowned up on if..

I ditch the M550 cantis and M060 intergrated levers and shifters, and replace with M739 levers with M600 V brakes and also M732 thumb shifters...or will Johnnyboy shout at me???

The intergrated levers are just aweful to use!!!!

Your thoughts....

:?

Re: Another Marin...groupset question?

misteroo":3vuhztoe said:
So...will it be frowned up on if..

I ditch the M550 cantis and M060 intergrated levers and shifters, and replace with M739 levers with M600 V brakes and also M732 thumb shifters...or will Johnnyboy shout at me???

The intergrated levers are just aweful to use!!!!

Your thoughts....

:?

Hmm well I would say v brakes would be a no no in my books...but changing the STI's for thumbies and separate brake levers would be ok if you choose. I was lucky enough to relieve "chiswickcollectables" of his Eldridge recently and the first changes I made were the STI's changed to DX and the cantis also to DX (amounst other things) and find that to be a vast improvement on the stock LX stuff...

Attachments

• eldridge and team.jpg
    eldridge and team.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 520
brocklanders023":3tktnghg said:

I'd leave the original stickers if it was mine. The repro's are good but not 100% correct imo.

Totally agree with Brocklanders on this.. The font is different and doesn't look right but i think you be ok if you just order a headtube sticker.

Another gripe at DX sti's? I have never had any problems with them personally and think they do an excellent job. At the end of the day, it's your bike and build it how you see fit... Heck i've got risers on my Team Marin!!

PopsTrippin":39anhykj said:
brocklanders023":39anhykj said:

Totally agree with Brocklanders on this.. The font is different and doesn't look right but i think you be ok if you just order a headtube sticker.

Another gripe at DX sti's? I have never had any problems with them personally and think they do an excellent job. At the end of the day, it's your bike and build it how you see fit... Heck i've got risers on my Team Marin!!

Its not the STI's...its the levers that are the problem. Im just so use to using 1 or 2 fingers to brake!!! and these ones are just MASSIVE!! If I set up the shifters in the same position as my XT ones on the VooDoo I still need all 4 fingers on the brake lever....just doesnt feel right.

I think the XT brake lever and Thumbie combo will look pretty cool, and I like the clean lines of the M600 V brakes....

...I managed to salvage the headtube decal, and I am keeping the rest original.

Ill get some pics up of it cleaned and finished pretty soon. :cool:

First chance for a quick spin today!!!!!

Rides like a dream, and the XT thumbies are lovely to use, might look out for some canti levers in case i decide to swap back one day!

After seeing Dougs (wookie) Team Marin at Mayhem, kinda wish I had taken mine now, especially after riding it!

Maybe next year.

misteroo":2yn2hkkw said:
First chance for a quick spin today!!!!!

Rides like a dream, and the XT thumbies are lovely to use, might look out for some canti levers in case i decide to swap back one day!

After seeing Dougs (wookie) Team Marin at Mayhem, kinda wish I had taken mine now, especially after riding it!

Maybe next year.

Looking good mate...I love the way they ride...the long toptube helps me with my gibbon arm affliction! Good to hear its being ridden!

Latest incarnation:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 146
Back