GT Karakoram K2....At Last some half Decent Photos!!

Yup. I reckon she'll stay rigid. I can't think of any suspension forks that could make her look any cooler than she does already.

BB is now fitted and LX500 cranks, (and I've sorted the canti's so no need toreplace them).

I just need some grips, a chain and some chainrings now and she's done. :cool:

Anyone got any rings?? :D

Like you i really don't think she needs suspension forks on the front she looks great as she is (pending a new paint job of course) it never was the intention of GT to fit this model with suspension so why start now.A thing of beauty starting to look cool i love it. :LOL: :D :LOL:
cherrybomb":17obaz8k said:
Yup. I reckon she'll stay rigid. I can't think of any suspension forks that could make her look any cooler than she does already.

BB is now fitted and LX500 cranks, (and I've sorted the canti's so no need toreplace them).

I just need some grips, a chain and some chainrings now and she's done. :cool:

Anyone got any rings?? :D

Latest PiX

She's finished thanks to several people on here (you know who you are).....thanks guys. :cool:

Now she will take up commuting duties until I have time to do a proper refurb job on her.
It's great riding a late 80's rigid frame again after all this time. You really get a feel for how things have changed over the years. The Orange is real twitchy in comparison to the GT's........very 'easy' ride. :cool:

DSCN3266.jpg

DSCN3267.jpg

DSCN3268.jpg

This is the colour scheme that I'm considering, when she's re finished.
Sort of, powder blue with dark blue and white. It's not original, but is kind of 'retro' and would look cool with the right kit (Brooks saddle etc.)
What do you think?

Decals.gif

Down-Tube-Decal.gif

I'm ashamed at how long it's taken me to post some half decent photos of this bike considering it gets more use and puts in more miles then the others. :oops: Anyway, I've finally got round to taking some reasonable photos and writing up a full spec. so enjoy....... ;)

By-the-River-03.jpg

Under-the-tree.jpg

From-Behind.jpg

Karakoram K2 Frame No. T90024912

Frame: Gt 16.5" Tange MTB

Fork: GT CroMo

Headset: Tioga Avenger CR
Stem: GT Quill
Handlebar: Alloy Flat
Grips: Lizard Skins
Bar ends: BBB

Brakes: Shimano LX Canti / U-Brake
Brake Pads: Shimano M-System
Brake Cables: Clarks
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore LX M550

Shifters: Shimano Deore LX M550 7 Speed STI
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX M550
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX M550
Derailleur Cables: Clarks
Cassette: Shimano HG 37 13-28 Screw on Freewheel
Chain: Sram
Cranks: Shimano Mountain LX M500
Crank Bolts: Yes
Chainrings: Suntour Accushift Plus 44-43-24
Chainring bolts:Steel
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN52
Pedals: VP XT Copies

Hub Skewers: Front Shimano / Rear Bolted
Rims: Araya RM-20
Hubs: Unbranded Sealed
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: S-Steel
Tyres: Tioga Psycho II
Tubes:

Saddle: Old
Seatpost: Alloy Micro Adjust
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Weight: Hell Yes!

Looks very nice, only the other day, i was in aww over how a nice steel rigid GT handles, with my 92 Karakoram.

Nice, sure its not an 18" cos my later 91 one was same shape, great bikes, mine felt chunky and heavy but i do miss it, actually a strong bike. :cool: 90 must have been last year for skinny forks.
Those stems are great but watch ya knees, i had a local Motion Pad over mine in the end. ;)

Latest posts

Back