Affordable seatpost for rebuild

Ditto on the SR Laprade. If it was good enough for Alf "The King" Engers then it 's good enough for me!

Look out for one fitted to my 70's Time Trial homage Emperor coming soon!

Steve.

Just to stay will seatposts - I am trying to determine the size I need. I bought some digital calipers to do this but they are not the best.

I tried a 27mm post (fitted easily with some movement without binder bolt) and a 27.2 which went in by about 30mm before it got too tight).

A shop I'm not sure I trust 100% had said previously that a 27.2mm was the one for me.

Perhaps. 27.2 with a bit of lubrication and persuasion is the was to go?

I presume any movement of the post relative to the frame is 't good.

Just a quick note...........you should be able to slide the seat post in and out without having the saddle attached for leverage.

Shaun

RobWJL":169zru3l said:
Looks just the ticket. However I need 27.2mm

Oops. Sorry for the red herring, I didn't bother to check the size. The Selcof Mod 50 is worth keeping an eye out for though if you can find a 27.2 version.

David

RobWJL":34b21pi7 said:
Since starting my project, one thing that has surprised me is what you can pay for these seemingly simple items.

What are the differences between a very basic and an excellent seatpost besides weight?

Can anyone recommend an affordable, unbranded seatpost that would be in keeping with a vintage frame and components?

If you're still looking for 27.2mm I have this:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=262208

Back