'worthless' old Claud...

You just gotta love Reynolds 500 - I guess a stickers simply says "made with steel" doesn't have the same kudos. That year of 200GS takes me back to my old DB Sorrento.

Not far off worthless in cash terms, but a piece of cycling history it's a priceless time warp curio. Lovely.

Chopper1192":39vwjjal said:
You just gotta love Reynolds 500 - I guess a stickers simply says "made with steel" doesn't have the same kudos. That year of 200GS takes me back to my old DB Sorrento.

Not far off worthless in cash terms, but a piece of cycling history it's a priceless time warp curio. Lovely.

Black with grello forks?

I had one of them.

Black with dayglo yellow forks, 92 model. Bit of a boat anchor, but it.got me to.work for several years. To this day I wish I'd paid just slightly more for the Topango, which was full cromo to the sorrentos cromo main tubes. Indeed, the Reynolds 500 tubeset on this Claud was very similar, plain seamed cromo main tubes. Would be been direct competitor at the same price point, about £180 if memory serves

I'm near Kingston mate I was in the 5th at Blakelands. SaS I know but a bit of common ground eh! Csm used to tab us down Newport high st from the red house onwards for tactical refreshments

I know the 5th. When I came out in 91 I looked at joining, but they wouldn't fast.track me, insisted on making me do all weekends and camp before giving me my beret. I did the first weekend, realised they were still on SLRs(and old knackered ones at that) and never returned.

Sorry again for the thread hijack.

Back