Painful knees

If you use SPD's either put flats on for a while (to see if pain goes away all of a sudden) or but new shoes.........i bet you anything, your front knee pain is conected to pressure in/around/ the contact point of shoe-peddle.

Thank you everyone for there advice

Went to my GP who is a fellow rider :) have carterlidge damage (have spelt it wrong I know) on the left knee and a serve case of tendernites

Which has now resulted in me having 4-6 weeks of physio to sort it out

So thank you retrobikers for telling me to stop before I did anything stupid

Thank you again

Cartilage
Tendinitis
;)

Might be worth getting someone to have a look at your position before you get back on a bike properly. Somethings got to have caused the injuries in the first place.

mountainbikerjohnnyb":31gc7amk said:
Thank you everyone for there advice

Went to my GP who is a fellow rider :) have carterlidge damage (have spelt it wrong I know) on the left knee and a serve case of tendernites

Which has now resulted in me having 4-6 weeks of physio to sort it out

So thank you retrobikers for telling me to stop before I did anything stupid

Thank you again

Jeez, I need to get to the doctor then. How did they diagnose the damage in your knee? I take it you have to pay for the physio?

Are you using SPD's?

dyna-ti":2szgb5ej said:
Basically,youre getting old
Death is just around the corner :D

Similar issue with my left knee. If i push it or sometimes not even it hurts like hell. Feels like its going to give way and i have to resort to slowing down and trying to spin as much as possible.
I was thinking of some sort of support bandage thing. :? dont know a lot about them unfortunately

I know lol, not long before me free bus pass :)

Physio has told me its the result of a previous injury that's hasn't healed propley

mountainbikerjohnnyb":302cwq2i said:
dyna-ti":302cwq2i said:
Basically,youre getting old
Death is just around the corner :D

Similar issue with my left knee. If i push it or sometimes not even it hurts like hell. Feels like its going to give way and i have to resort to slowing down and trying to spin as much as possible.
I was thinking of some sort of support bandage thing. :? dont know a lot about them unfortunately

I know lol, not long before me free bus pass :)

Physio has told me its the result of a previous injury that's hasn't healed properly

It is something to consider at least :?
none of us are getting younger and i think the vast majority are no longer have the racing whippet physique :LOL:
Maybe an idea of easing up a little and taking precautions such as knee supports and looking more towards proper wind down exercising

Back