Re: F.S. 1991 timewarp Yo Eddy in Medium ~ Mint

Better that you be wound up now and find out for sure what you're selling....rather than rip some poor guy off because he's as uninformed as you are.

You're not being accused as a liar, he's just trying to shed light on a possible inaccuracy.

Uninformed? I guess I was too trusting to take the guy's word for it being a BOI then?

if a fat fork has shimano dropouts what does that mean?

Majority of segmented Fat forms use either Shimano or Campagnolo dropouts, and some used GP Wilson. I don't think I've seen any with nothing.

Check out that article I put a link in for. In it GoldeneraMTB says that he can't make out the dropouts on his BOI fork. I guess that wear can occur to remove the stamping? QR's can be quite abrasive.

Commentary on this thread has run it's course - if anyone wishes to continue please setup a thread elsewhere. Any prospective buyer can read through and make their own conclusions or enquiries.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me to represent an item as it was sold to you. It's also good to highlight possible issues with sales although I'd suggest this might have been done with more tact. At the end of the day Fat City were not Trek and as with a lot of similar smaller frame shops variation was present on nominally identical products. Afaik there are some former Fat employees and various experts on FATCogs who I'm sure could shed more light on this > http://www.fatcogs.com/

Some pics of the forks. I can just make out some lettering on the right fork dropout, looks like SF?

Forks are 405 A-C and legs are 1" in diameter.

Attachments

• DSC01280 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01280 (Medium).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01283 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01283 (Medium).JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01284 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01284 (Medium).JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01285 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01285 (Medium).JPG