Gary Fisher karma project

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all
just thought i would start a thread on this one , Thanks to the karma and huge generosity of Markwashington i am the proud owner of this 95 Fisher Mt Tam , its only really problem being a very stuck seatpost and a lack of a mech hanger ,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i have always wanted another Fisher since this one in 1993 , sorry about the picture :oops:

after a few days of soakiing in oil and much heaving and sweating the stuck seatpost eventually came out :D
here it is after stripping and a very light polish on front tubes to see what it needs

Watch this space !
thanks again Mark , nice to meet you bud :D

superstu":36kehgm5 said:
Signing up for this one, getting a stuck seatpost out is one of life's most satisfying moments!
And possibly one of the toughest ! damm thing came out about 6mm at a time right to the end :D i didnt know the human face could become that red :oops:
Cheers Paul

superstu":1i25rqnn said:
Worth it in the end though chap :D
Oh yes :D im really pleased with it , although there does not seem to be much love for Fishers !
I hope to start Polishing the frame over the weekend .
cheers Paul.

OK cleaning / polishing is done :) I already have a set of wheels , xt hubs on spesh rims , xt mechs and a Truvativ chain set ,( which looks a bit like a White industries one actually ), that i had gathered for the p7 , found a set of late judy c forks at a boot sale which are not really retro but within my tiny budget and are in good nick so they are going on along with a new cane creek headset i also had in stock .
Oh the bottom bracket is in ( very kindly karmed to me with frame , thanks again mark :LOL: ) and bit the bullet and paid £22 for a mech hanger :shock:
Now i am struggling with the eternal retro battles of cantis or vs and flat or risers , I have cantis and vs but no hangers on the frame or forks so would be reduced to add ons which , no disrespect to anyone intended , always look a bit naff to me , oh no canti type levers either , as for bars i love the look of flats but my old back likes risers lol ! its not a factory rebuild and is hopefully going to be my general trail bike so we shall see , any comments or ideas welcome :D
Pics to follow !

shinobi":1dcwtoeo said:
superstu":1dcwtoeo said:
Oh yes :D im really pleased with it , although there does not seem to be much love for Fishers !
cheers Paul.
I love 'em
but yea, not much of an appriciation on here probably because of their rarity ;) , stumpjumper1990 has a very nice montare and r0gue has a fair few stashed away. I have a montare and a hk2.

Chute55uk":10u80x1d said:
shinobi":10u80x1d said:
superstu":10u80x1d said:
cheers Paul.
I love 'em
but yea, not much of an appriciation on here probably because of their rarity ;) , stumpjumper1990 has a very nice montare and r0gue has a fair few stashed away. I have a montare and a hk2.
Didnt you win the HK 11 from Brighton that was on EBAY ?

Back