Re: F.S. 1991 timewarp Yo Eddy in Medium ~ Mint

That information would certainly go a long way to verify that this is a genuine Fat Chance BOI fork. As it's suspension corrected, threadless and lacking decals I'm a bit skeptical... Not that FC didn't make threadless and suspension corrected BOIs but being that this frame is not-suspension corrected the fork is most certainly not original and added later and so could be a replica. Unless the frame is not a 1991... either way a bit of info is missing IMO.

Well thanks for casting aspersions on my advert.

The fella I bought this from 8 years ago owned the frame from new, I have no reason to doubt him and the serial number as memory serves confirms the frame is a '91. He sold it to a friend years before as F&F and was lucky enough to buy it back minus the fork years later. He told me that he was lucky enough to get hold of a BOI fork at a later date as at the time he couldn't locate a Yo eddy fork.

That's the info I have.

If you can confirm what's stamped on the dropouts it would go a long way to confirm what fork it actually is.

As I have already explained. I can't and I'm certainly not removing any paint.

Well that should tell you something.

By that I meant that no original FC fork I've seen had paint on the dropouts and the stamping was clearly visible.

Are you after buying or just looking to wind me up? Ever heard of new paint? Now go and annoy someone else.

Now I'm not disputing that there could be different types of dropouts during the Fat Chance years, undoubtedly and without question there are. Anyone who reads about Fat City Cycles will know how they chopped and changed and improvised. Here is an image taken from this site of a BOI dropout. Is that the remains of some paint I see on the drop out? Why so it is! Perhaps a repaint but it certainly looks original. I can't imagine why they would mask the dropout prior to painting? But who knows eh? Not the clearest of pics but also I can't see any stamping?
IMG_0041.jpg

Might as well show an image of the Yo dropout as it was on the same thread I was looking at.
IMG_0042-2.jpg

Wasn't trying to offend you man. But if I were to pay $2k for a Yo I'd want to be sure it's an authentic FC fork. Given the details of the pairing of your frame and this fork I'm not sure it is, and given the number of replicas floating around I figured you as the seller would try to firm it up or something. My bad.

Well you did offend. And there you go again making comments that you can't back up. I don't care what your thoughts are, just because the fork came at a later date doesn't mean it's not genuine.

If you don't want it - move on and stop making unhelpful comments on my advert.

Latest posts

Back