And today I did......

clockworkgazz":1dmxnz0t said:
kaiser":1dmxnz0t said:
Cheers bud, but where there is ying there is yang. Out for a night ride tonight and took a corner just too neat, clipped the bars on the inside of the corner, flew across the trail and headed down a ravine into a tree which caught me! Scratched legs, sore wrist and worst of all shagged Garmin.

hope you are feeling better mate and real bummer about the garmin- you can claim the household insurance non?

Feeling better :) just sticking to the road bike for a wee while. I'll just send it away to be fixed, its still logging but the display is knackered.

Glad you're feeling better K, got to watch out for those ravines :)

Talking about Garmins, mine fell off the bar mount a couple of miles into the Aviemore ride, and I didn't notice it was gone right away - cycled back up the track slowly, scanning - couldn't find it. Turned around and headed back, then noticed it totally submerged in one of the puddles. Probably been sitting in there for 10 minutes - picked it up, wiped it down and away we went, still working totally fine. Superb.

Yesterday, hungover and knackered I still dragged myself and my old fixed gear roadster 22miles on and off road. Great to be out on a bike in nice weather, cleared head beautifully but even more knackered now. Those old roadsters should've been the basis of British Clunkers, tough as old boots with proper slack angles, confidence inspiring off road handling :cool:

Last night I was at the Bruce Springsteen concert, and it was phenomenal!!! One of the best gigs I've been to, if you ever get the chance to see him take it! Absolutely fantastic for an old dude, true showman 3 1/2hrs of non stop rocking.

My mate had tickets but couldn't go because his daughter had a school presentation. They had a guilt off but she won. I'd have gone to concert, probably why I don't have kids yet!

kaiser":2gfn5wxz said:
Last night I was at the Bruce Springsteen concert, and it was phenomenal!!! One of the best gigs I've been to, if you ever get the chance to see him take it! Absolutely fantastic for an old dude, true showman 3 1/2hrs of non stop rocking.

My Sister and her hubby were also there. I think they too thought it very good.
Personally, im not a springsteen fan. Though for some reason thats considered a problem :?

Glued my first set of tubular tyres today, why did I ever think that would be a good idea? Actually they do look the part, going to give them into next week to set up before trying them out. Rode out to my mum's to cut the grass and took the long way home to enjoy the sunshine. Hit 250km in the Junedoggle Strava challenge, only 8km behind Kaiser but he seems to have ditched the mtb in favour of the road bike at the moment.

clubby":1wkaolbf said:
Glued my first set of tubular tyres today, why did I ever think that would be a good idea? Actually they do look the part, going to give them into next week to set up before trying them out. Rode out to my mum's to cut the grass and took the long way home to enjoy the sunshine. Hit 250km in the Junedoggle Strava challenge, only 8km behind Kaiser but he seems to have ditched the mtb in favour of the road bike at the moment.

Well done with the gluing, I taped them on in the past, gluing seemed like voodoo when you read some of the methods! Still it'll be worth it, they do run really reallly nice if you get a nice tub.

BTW its 8.1km :p

dyna-ti":22184mgb said:
My Sister and her hubby were also there. I think they too thought it very good.
Personally, im not a springsteen fan. Though for some reason thats considered a problem :?

I'd say I'm was only a moderate fan but full on noo! :D The concert far exceeded anything he's done in a studio for me. Showman extraordinaire!

Back