BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
So I think it's time to rethink how I listen to my music collection. I currently have around 800 cd's that I'm slowly uploading to my computer. I have a small but fairly decent Onkyo micro system attached to a Bose Acoustimass 3 speaker system. I plug the laptop into this when I want to play from iTunes or the like. I also have a Creative Soundworks cd radio (similar but obviously cheaper than the Bose cd radio). My kids are systematically destroying all my stuff; the cd player on the Onkyo no longer works since they managed to feed 3 cd's into it and they keep trying to put toys into the hole in the Bose woofer.

I've been thinking about buying a Sonos for a while and was planning to connect it to my existing stereo or speakers but in light of my children doing what children do I was thinking about a Sonos Play 3 with a bridge (special offer on ATM, buy both for £250). I like the idea that I can spend a relatively small amount and have upgrade options in the future when I can afford it. I can also keep it out of the way of sticky fingers and it will take up a small amount of space in my small house. I'm no audiophile but I do like my music to sound half decent though.

So would anyone be kind enough to share their opinions? :D

I have a Sonos Play 3 & Bridge. I like the noise and the access to all music, plus (internet) radio.

I use the remote on iphone / ipad which I find a little annoying since it has to wake up, connect to your wireless network and then the Sonos wireless network - which can take a few seconds. Apparently, using an Android tablet gets around this as one can connect Android direct to the Sonos Mesh. Sonos used to do a dedicated remote which is pretty good ... but expensive.

I also have a Sonos Amp which connects into my Cambridge Audio separates - you could probably connect your Bose speakers to this.

One more thing, if you're going to use the radio, make sure you have a generous broadband allowance and good connection speed.

Definitely don't look at the Sonos sound bar for your TV, either. Or the subwoofer. Bankruptcy lies that way ....

Thanks for the pointers. I looked at getting one a couple of years ago and was going to run it through my Bose speakers but I seem to have less opportunity to listen to music in the house these days and getting rid of the bulky Bose woofer seems like a good idea at the moment.

Any more advice out there, the current Sonos offer finishes at the end of the month!

Back