Transition Klunker

this looks awesome fun, takes me bak to my first big boys bike in 1980, and nfl trail bike with coaster only. cost my mum loads in replacment tyres, though to be fair id ride em till the cords were torn :)

I went out to the Repack downhill course with the Transition crew. I have plenty of coaster brake experience, all of it on old bikes that would not have survived five minutes under the rides these guys were throwing down.

On the way to Repack they stopped at a thrift store and purchased old jeans and shirts to be "in character." The photo doesn't look much different from a 35 year old picture.

These guys blew my mind with their riding skillz. I want one of those bikes.

Attachments

• transition.jpg
    transition.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,562
Repack Rider":9tgymimf said:
I went out to the Repack downhill course with the Transition crew. I have plenty of coaster brake experience, all of it on old bikes that would not have survived five minutes under the rides these guys were throwing down.

On the way to Repack they stopped at a thrift store and purchased old jeans and shirts to be "in character." The photo doesn't look much different from a 35 year old picture.

These guys blew my mind with their riding skillz. I want one of those bikes.

I can't wait until there next video is out , saw you on the poster so assume your in it !

Big respect sir :cool:

Fancy dress ride ? No problems! Though I did have a big crash, downhill section I couldn't brake due to crank position, picked up lots of speed (out of control totally) when I finally managed to brake the back wheel was off the ground bouncing, managed to then brake but it was to late, came off the track in a pile thankfully missing some large boulders!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,694
Cool bike! I was so close to buying one earlier this year but never got round to it... What are the hubs like? Are they sealed bearings?

I still may get one when I have a spare £500 ;)

Back