Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin 100% finished pics 9 & 10

Fantastic bike. Got me going all misty eyed over my first MTB, a 90 Palisades trail. Inspiration to relive my youth I think!

So the Team got a proper outing at the mud of Mayhem! And it gave me a better lap time that the full suss I used for the second lap!

Loving it more and more each day...got an Honoury mention in the Mayhem bike judging line up and I was very pleased at how it rode too!

Attachments

• Mayhem 2.jpg
    Mayhem 2.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 672
  • Mayhem Doug 1.jpg
    Mayhem Doug 1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 672

I touched your pinkness..............

The History Man":ur40up1z said:
I touched your pinkness..............

As long as you washed your hands before and after you are more than welcome!

Fantastic doug.

You look super pleased!

It is mountain bike used on mountains and that, brings a lickle tear my my eye ;) cantis would have been a benefit in that mud. V brakes would have been a nightmare. the less said the better about roller-cam brakes. :)

marc two tone":2ekpa6r9 said:
Fantastic doug.

You look super pleased!

It is mountain bike used on mountains and that, brings a lickle tear my my eye ;) cantis would have been a benefit in that mud. V brakes would have been a nightmare. the less said the better about roller-cam brakes. :)

Ha oh yeah Marc...told you I intended to ride it rather than look at it! Canti's worked just fine...well most of the time! ;)

Hi wook.

Just a decal question. I can only assume you hav'nt lacquered over the decals you applied. so, have the decals stood up to weather, filth and grime thus far?

wes-side!

marc two tone":1xulme63 said:
Hi wook.

Just a decal question. I can only assume you hav'nt lacquered over the decals you applied. so, have the decals stood up to weather, filth and grime thus far?

wes-side!

Hey Marc...the headtube decal took a few attempts to get it to stay put! The only other ones I replaced on the frame were the flag and the "race proven" on the seat stay and they have both stayed put! The fork decals have stuck well as have the ones on the stem. The Zolatone finish is not the easiest for decals to adhere to but so far so good!

Doug

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin 100% finished pics 13 & 15

Little update...after my modern tubeless bike got a slash in the tyre I ended up riding the Team on a recent Purbecks ride again....still have a soft spot for it even though it rattles my bones on the bumpy downhills!

Doug

Back