Proflex 856 Mayhem build

The bike will not be the problem it will be YOU ,new chain ,block ,good wheels ,tyres and Co2 spare tubes ,and gels energy bars good lights ,the night part is great even at 3 in the morning ,ive done six Mayhems started when i was 42 ,now 57 i can only help by writing here , :D

royboy2cv":1fhko47y said:
The bike will not be the problem it will be YOU ,new chain ,block ,good wheels ,tyres and Co2 spare tubes ,and gels energy bars good lights ,the night part is great even at 3 in the morning ,ive done six Mayhems started when i was 42 ,now 57 i can only help by writing here , :D

I'm about to do my first Mayhem at 54 :shock:

Dave, if you think Girvin's are trouble, you should try rebuilding 1970's Triumph / BSA motorcycle forks.

And don't go over training. ;)

royboy2cv":1um5vklc said:

ha,ha Cheers for that!! :LOL:

It will all come together I am sure just frustrating at the moment as seem to of taken 10 steps back!

The fork is back together with fresh oil , Fitted wavey bars , need to fit V brakes back on and waiting for a ebay R/H lever to replace bent one.

Got to the Bottom of the ghost shifting too with Nevadasmiths input when riding Sunday need to lengthen the outer cable of rear mech between frame and swing arm :D

Not spending any money as had to cough up for holiday this month so going to fit some shifters I have sat in the draw ... Not classy but will do the Job :cool:

All done and dusted the Proflex and myself survived 24 hours Solo, was amazed with the attention the bike got from other riders :cool:

Special thanks to Carge & Markyp for help with build.

Looking to put the Original x-rays back on and with Skin suit will be up for sale shortly to help pay for family holiday her work with me is now done , feel pleased to of resurrected her back from a wasting state to back to racing glory :D

Attachments

• mayhem130386-682x1024.jpg
    mayhem130386-682x1024.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 649
  • mayhem132042-682x1024.jpg
    mayhem132042-682x1024.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 649
  • 993534_474737999271237_837195514_n.jpg
    993534_474737999271237_837195514_n.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 649
Well done :) ,are you sure you have to sell it ,you might regret it six months down the line ,i know i have :facepalm: But the family comes first ,again great on finishing for you and the bike :D

Awwww, just noticed this is the 856 I bought recently.

Original intention was to strip it fix my 955, but I've bought so many damn spares I can actually get the 856 running as well.

Man can not live on one proflex alone.

Have a good luck over the welds......check for cracking!.....Dave gets all brave when he's in his all in one skin suit!.......

Back