Shimano Ultegra Triple Road Crankset / Square taper

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi
to build a bike for french alps use, lokking for a triple Ultegra ( or Dura Ace ) crankset in 130, for a square taper bottom bracket
Possibly with good condition rings ( 28 or 30 - 38/40 - 50/52)
to be shipped in France ;)
thanks
bruno

Did they make that? I think they did a very rare 600ex or the 6500 obviously but that's octolink...

Tel":38xhxp8x said:
Did they make that? I think they did a very rare 600ex or the 6500 obviously but that's octolink...

apparently they did !
this one I missed shortly in France - and I do not wish to go octalink :?

Almost certain that is octolink. That's the 6500, square taper finished with the demise of 6400 (600 Ultegra(tri-colour)).

Tel":2rkpzo6n said:
Almost certain that is octolink. That's the 6500, square taper finished with the demise of 6400 (600 Ultegra(tri-colour)).
ok thanks - the seller was then talking crap as I asked for confirmation - he probably doesn't know the difference :roll:

is the octaling corresponding bottom bracket easily found in italian thread ? as my frame is a fondriest !

If you're looking for a good quality triple then you might as well buy the Stronglight Impact.
As it has compact BCD 110/74 you can pretty much any chainring set up you want from alpine climbing with heavy loads to audax to a full out racing triple.
I love them and they look classy & are inexpensive for the quality.

tonyf39":3h7xo9gj said:
If you're looking for a good quality triple then you might as well buy the Stronglight Impact.
As it has compact BCD 110/74 you can pretty much any chainring set up you want from alpine climbing with heavy loads to audax to a full out racing triple.
I love them and they look classy & are inexpensive for the quality.

will have a look at that

I have also seen a good condition sugino one on ebay too that I ll try to bid for - and apparently quite a few stronglight crankset have been subcontracted to sugino lately ? :idea:

Old school XT M730 may be interesting too. Lovely crank. I'm running a Tiagra 4403 with 47/39/30 FSA rings on my CX "do it all" rig - it's the last fairly reasonable square taper from Shimano in 130 BCD.

Back