and a gratuitous shot next to its English cousin

Attachments

• Finished pair UK & US Team racers.jpg
    Finished pair UK & US Team racers.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 587
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 586
Well.....my 1990 Blizzard was back today from a wellness trip and looks as new i would say. I hadn't the white parts done since i don't own a complete set of decals, but it was polished professionally by the recent RBUK BOTY-owner and obviously the black part is all new.

Before:

medium_Rocky_Chain.jpg

medium_Rocky_alt2.jpg

medium_Rocky_3.jpg

After:

medium_Rocky_Neu2.jpg

medium_Rocky_Neu4.jpg

Total:

large_Rocky_Neu.jpg

Off to put it back on wheels soon...

Thanks

Moritz

mauricer":36m7i7nu said:
Well.....my 1990 Blizzard was back today from a wellness trip and looks as new i would say. I hadn't the white parts done since i don't own a complete set of decals, but it was polished professionally by the recent RBUK BOTY-owner and obviously the black part is all new.

Before:

medium_Rocky_Chain.jpg

medium_Rocky_alt2.jpg

medium_Rocky_3.jpg

After:

medium_Rocky_Neu2.jpg

medium_Rocky_Neu4.jpg

Total:

large_Rocky_Neu.jpg

Off to put it back on wheels soon...

Thanks

Moritz

Nice!!

I've been researching the make/model/year of a frame I bought recently. Due to the offset top tube and cable routings, I believe it is a mid-1990s Rocky Mountain. I would greatly appreciate any help. Sorry for the awful picture, I will take some more soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... mp;theater

Here is what I know:
>It appears to be original white paint, no decals or stamping.
>SN is stamped on the bottom bracket
>Cable routes go on either side of the top tube.
>No center pull brake cable stop, no disc mounts. V-brake only.
>Derailleur hanger is built into the dropout.
>1-1/8" steer tube, Seat tube is less than 27mm
>Offset top tube.
>Frame is steel and weighs 4.5lbs.

I just realized by editing the post that roc6839 might not see my answer to his question. Please find the serial number listed above, thanks for the help.

Good Morning
Here my Blizzard 1991.
Build up with Syncros Parts-Handlebar with Shim,Stem 1st Gen.,
Seatpost 1st Gen.,Revo Cranks with Syncors TI Bottom Bracket.
Wheels are Front hub Tune,Rear hub Hügi Compact with Campagnolo Atek.
Shifters,Front- and Rearderailleur are Shimano XT.
Brakes are black DX with black Screws.
Have a nice Day
Maximo

Attachments

• 1292283_564177930296029_703484002_o.jpg
    1292283_564177930296029_703484002_o.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 12,048
projects.

1991 rocky mountain hammer to be built up as a rider with a mix of whatever works
1992 rocky mountain blizzard to be built with as much black and a bit of red ano as possible
1993 rocky mountain edge to be built with as much silver and red ano as possible

I got the fever for vintage MTB this year and quickly decided I would focus on rocky mountains because I got a hammer new in 1995 and loved that bike. I was under the impression early on that they were mostly made in Canada but was sadly mistaken. I could lay a better bead after half a day in a TIG seminar at UBI last march. These welds are downright aweful. They make all the steel frames coming out of taiwan look artisan.

Anyway the Edge is a lot better than the other two Japanese frames but even though it is apparently a dekerf it is only so-so by todays standards. Either way it is an uber cool bike and I am pretty excited to get out on it! I'll start another thread when I am ready to get under way and ask for help on the suspension service.

IMG_6129.jpg

Back