Stuart Hall 15 Months? Is That It?

A teacher has been jailed for five and a half years for abducting and having sex with a 15-year-old pupil he ran off with to France.

Jeremy Forrest, 30, from Petts Wood, London, was convicted at Lewes Crown Court on Thursday of child abduction.

Is this guys crime 4 times worse than Halls?

BertR00t":35yiguc9 said:
A teacher has been jailed for five and a half years for abducting and having sex with a 15-year-old pupil he ran off with to France.

Jeremy Forrest, 30, from Petts Wood, London, was convicted at Lewes Crown Court on Thursday of child abduction.

Is this guys crime 4 times worse than Halls?

I'm not sure it is, I hate to say this and expect recriminations because she was under age, but it appears that it may be a mutual decision, and if the defence is correct more her decision to do this, where as in Halls case it was simply sex abuse. My oldest had sex at 15 and his girlfriend was on implants at 15, at that age in the eyes of the law they were committing an offence, but you either accept it and help or let them go behind your back and be a granny when they are teens? It's hard to tell because at that age both males and females are often sexual creatures it's a case of do you imprison always because of the age or accept that they could both be willing and able and accept it. There are often relationships spanning the generations, are not both Dimbleby brothers husbands to very young wives with young offspring, It's just a bit later on in their lives.

Alison

"Police are now looking into whether Forrest contacted the girl to influence the evidence she gave at his trial.

Prosecutor Richard Barton told Judge Lawton there was material to suggest that a third party helped pass information between Forrest and his victim after it was noted that her evidence was different to her original police interviews.

Sussex Police have confirmed they were looking into the question of collusion.

Yesterday another teenager came forward to claim Forrest targeted her when she was a schoolgirl.

Chloe Queen, 17, told the Daily Mail that Forrest sent her Christmas and birthday cards, asked her to watch him perform with his band and made her stay after class for extra lessons.

She told the newspaper: ”I thought he wanted to teach me more, not realising he possibly had other ideas. He would invade my personal space and make me feel uncomfortable. He would routinely cuddle me.“

She added: ”He would compliment me all the time and say things like, 'You're a very pretty girl'.“"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 69478.html

Schoolgirls are vulnerable, going through difficult teenage years.

Sounds like this guy was predatory and controlling to me.

I hope the poor lass he groomed and abducted comes to her senses and moves on with her life.

God I'm going to crucify myself here.

It is too easy to assume every girl under 16 is an innocent angel but that is not always the case. there are many relationships of an older person be it man or woman having a relationship with someone much younger both my mum and my brother are many years apart from their spouses. and young girls can be very persuasive and sexy and they utilise that. condemning a man for may be falling into this trap is so easy. 'struth the Dimbleby brothers have both very young wives with very young children, at what point did they do wrong? my son was having sex with his girlfriend at 15, are they evil crims? Not a situation that I'd like but it was either they went behind our backs. this included her parents, or we ended up grandparents before our time.

I don't think this case was abuse, I know! It was love gone wrong and the girl parent's want to save her face by calling it abuse.

Alison

Isaac_AG":36xe5gbv said:
I don't think this case was abuse, I know! It was love gone wrong and the girl parent's want to save her face by calling it abuse.

The teacher abused his position, that much is clear.

As for the overall result of the trial, those involved presumably came to their conclusions based on more information than we have. The last thing I would be doing is criticizing the parents for agreeing with them.

Hurrah!

The sentence given to BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall for convictions for sexual abuse will be reviewed following complaints he "got off lightly".

Hall, 83, received a 15-month jail sentence in June after admitting 14 offences against girls aged nine to 17 between 1967 and 1985.

The Attorney General Dominic Grieve has referred the sentence to the Court of Appeal for review.

Victims' charities claimed the sentence was unduly lenient.

Court of Appeal judges will decide whether the sentence should be increased.

'Victims' distress compounded'

Mr Grieve said about 150 complaints were received about the length of Hall's prison term.

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood said the tariff showed his crimes were not taken "seriously enough".

The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) chief executive Peter Wanless said the sentence was "not a great day for justice".

Labour MP Emily Thornberry, the shadow attorney general, said the sentence should be extended because of the seriousness of the offences, the age of victims and the fact he "compounded the victims' distress" by publicly denying the allegations at first.

Hall was initially arrested in December and made a statement labelling the claims "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious".

Hall has been a familiar face and voice in British broadcasting for half a century, and was appointed OBE in the 2012 New Year Honours.

Preston Crown Court heard the former It's a Knockout host was an "opportunistic predator" who used his fame to befriend girls.

Risk of reoffending

The court heard that in the 1980s, Hall molested a nine-year-old girl by putting his hand up her clothing.

He also kissed a 13-year-old girl on the lips after saying to her: "People need to show thanks in other ways."

The BBC is investigating claims he was able to abuse girls on its premises.

Judge Anthony Russell QC said he had to sentence Hall based on the maximum sentence available at the time the crimes were committed, which was two to five years.

However, the maximum sentence for similar offences has more recently been increased to 10 years.

Guidelines published by the Sentencing Council state a number of factors, such as the seriousness of the offence, the harm caused to victims and the risk of reoffending, must be taken into account when a tariff is set.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23271739

i thought it was about right. But then we weren't in the courtroom hearing the case. Only what the papers print.

It was a belting kite he pulled outside the earlier courtroon appearance when he was describing how he fully intended to exonerate himself..them types get well off on that trick.

He was'nt shy in letting undesirables know exactly where other peoples valuables (horological) would be sited or that he would be a buyer for just such a piece if it ever become for sale

Back